Frosting

It was a beautiful night and Shadow enjoys the wind pressing against his body as he rode his motorcycle through town. He heard about the bad break up between knuckles and rouge and decided to visit the echidna. He finally pulls up to the small house and turns off the bike. He sees the light of the tv flickering and knew the echidna was up. He knocks on the door a few times and waits for knuckles to answer. His ears perk when he heard the lock clock and the knob turn. His eyes look up seeing the echidna with a spoon in his mouths eyes a bit watery from tears. "Hey I heard...." Shadow said and knuckles walks away from the door waving shadow in. As he removes his leather jacket he watches knuckles plop back down on the couch. Knuckles takes the spoon from his mouth and scoops out pink fluff from a container. "Are you eating straight frosting?" Shadow asked sitting next to him as knuckles swallowed the sweet treat. "Yep.... Helps with a broken heart....." knuckles said scooping up the last of it. "Why not cookie dough?" Shadow smirked and knuckles looks at him not amused. "Because frosting is cheaper than edible cookie dough I bought 5 of cans of frosting for the price of one smaller than a cup of edible cookie dough...." He said getting up. "Wow rouge really hurt you didn't she?" Shadow asked. "Yep I swear why can my love life be like yours and Sonic's or Amy and blazes...." "Ar least Amy and Blaze are married but um..... sonic dumped me yesterday....." shadow said and heard knuckles sigh. "You want dark chocolate, cream cheese, buttercream, or fudge?" Knuckles asked. "Dark chocolate...." Shadow said and knuckles grabs another spoon. He hands shadow the can and spoon then opens up the cream cheese one. They talked about their break ups and how Sonic dumped shadow for silver. Knuckles said that rouge wanted a richer lifestyle which he couldn't provide and she called him a sewer rat and left him for a richer man. They talked more and started laughing about stupid shit on the tv then had a couple of wine coolers. Next morning they both wake up realizing they were cuddling on the couch and jump up blushing. "S-s-sorry" knuckles said and gets up to make breakfast. "It's ok... really...." Shadow replied getting up and sits at the kitchen table. "So Umm shadow how do you like your eggs..." knuckles asked. "Poached.." "ok cool same here want two?" "Yeah.... And some toast please...." Shadow said. "Ok" knuckles said and pulls his fur back off his face. Shadow blushes a deeper red. "Whoa..." he thought. Knuckles sets down the plates and the two ate quietly. Shadow gulps and wanted to ask knuckles out on a date but before he could knuckles spoke up blushing redder. "So.... Shadz.... Do you maybe want to... go on a date sometime....." he asked and shadow smiled.

"I would love to"