CURSE

Story takes place during the events in the book Daisy and Luigi VS Shadows blood lust.

As the others wait for results of Daisy cure for Shadow to work the worry still lingers. Will he be ok? What will happen if the cure doesn't work. "Vladimir just tell us!" Knuckles yelled impatiently but deep down knows the answer. "Fine.... If Shadow doesn't recover from the bloodlust..... he must be.... Killed...." Vladimir said and knuckles storms off. "Knux!" Sonic and Mario yelled chasing after him. Daisy and Luigi along with the others follow. Vladimir stays with shadow just in case. "Knux baby stop!" Kat yelled and he turned around seeing his friends as tears start falling. "Knuckles we're all-" "ITS NOT THAT! ITS SHADOW! HES NEVER GOING TO GET WHAT HE WANTS!" Knuckles shouted tears falling. "What are you talking about...." Rouge asked. "He wanted one thing..... one fucking thing and that is to be mortal...." He said. "What do you mean?" She asked confused. "He never told you...." Rouge shook her head and knuckles sighed.
"It was back in college..... 6 months before we broke up...."

"Yo Shadz I was thinking you and I could go to that dark sushi place tonight what do— Shadow?" Knuckles looked around the dorm and hears shadow sniffling in the closet. "Shadow what's wrong?" Knuckles asked opening the closet door. "Leave me alone..." shadow said. "Hey what's wrong?" "Someone from my past passed away..." "oh shadow I'm so sorry...." "Dont bother saying that to me I have lived with this for way to long...." Shadow wipes his tears and walks out of the closet. "Well still Shadz I am because I'm not just your boyfriend I'm your fr—" "FOR HOW MUCH LONGER HUH?!" Shadow snapped and knuckles jumps back. "DOR CENTURIES I WATCHED FRIENDS I MADE DIE OF OLD AGE OR SOME CATASTROPHE!!! YET IM STILL HERE!!! THEY GET SICK AND DIE BUT NOT ME!!! I WATCHED THEM SLOWLY WITHER AWAY WHILE I STAYED THE SAME!!!! I DONT KNOW WHY I KEEP PUTTING MYSELF THROUGH THIS!!!! BEFRIENDING MORTALS ALL FOR WHAT TO WATCH THEM DIE OFF ONE BY ONE?! WHY MUST I BE THIS WAY! WHY MUST I WAKE UP EVERY FUCKING DAY WITH THIS UNENDING CURSE I WAS BORN WITH!!!" Shadow yelled as tears start to fall hard. "My only hope is that I am linked to a mortal..... so I can become one..... I don't want to be this immortal monster...." He burst out crying harder and felt knuckles hugging him. "I want to grow old with you and our friends because all of you..... have shown me.... What life is all about..... meeting all of you I wanted to become mortal even more..... I can't loose you all...." Shadow cried and hugs knuckles tightly as they sat on the floor. "I want to be free of my immortality and die with all of you....."

Everyone was quiet as tears fall from their eyes. "He asked me to not to tell a soul.... We broke up well more like I broke up with him after we discovered Rouge was is link.... He was going to finally get his wish..... but now he might not..... it's not fair why must he suffer...." Knuckles said clenching his fist. "I don't know but we won't leave his side if we must kill him. At least if he must die he'll be with all of us." Daisy said and they all agreed before heading back inside. Vladimir looks up at them.

"Good timing he's waking up"