Thirteen

Jenny parked the Impala, sighing quietly as she looked to the Library. Dean started walking out, not looking happy as Sam and Jenny got out of the Impala.

"So?" Sam started as the two walked up to the older Winchester. Dean shook his head.

"Checked every record they had. Found the usual amount of violent childhood deaths for a town this size." Sam and Jenny joined Dean as he started walking across the road to the park. "You two wanna know how many how many were little girls with black hair and pale skin?"

"Zero." Sam answered glumly, Dean snapped his fingers.

"Zero! You wanna know how many how many little girls with black hair and pale skin that have gone missing? Right again. Zip. zilch, nada!
Tell me you guys got something good 'cause I've totally wasted the last six hours."

Sam chuffed, nodding his head. "Well you ever hear of Lillian Bailey? She was a British medium from the 1930s."

"She got a thing for fairy tales?" Dean raised a brow, turning to Jenny

"No, trances. She would go into these unconscious states where her thoughts and actions were completely controlled by spirits." Jenny explained, pulling out a photo of Lillian.

"A ghost puppet master." Dean smirked as Sam and Jenny nodded in confirmation. "Think that's what this kid is doing? Sending wolfboy and grandma into trances, making them go kill-crazy?"

Sam shrugged. lCould be. You know, kinda like uh, uh, spirit hypnosis or somethin'."

"Trances I get, but fairy tale trances? That's bizarre even for us." Dean handed the photo back to Jenny, who hummed in thought. The three suddenly stopped walking, and looked down. A large bullfrog stood in their path, croaking loudly.

"Yeah, you're right. That's completely normal." Sam deadpanned, Jenny nodding.

"Totally average." Jenny gave the frog a weird look as it kept croaking.

"All right, maybe it is fairy tales. Totally messed-up fairy tales. I tell you one thing, there's no way I'm kissing a damn frog." Dean pointed to the frog, which croaked almost angrily at Dean. He nudged Jenny. "You kiss it."

"I'm not kissing a frog! What if it's actually a man? Or really slimy?!" Dean realized what he had said, gesturing to Sam.

"You kiss it." Sam scoffed and rolled his eyes at Dean, pausing when he spotted something.

"Hey. Check that out." Sam pointed to a house across from them, a pumpkin sitting on the porch.

"Yeah? It's close to Halloween." Dean shrugged it off, but Sam shook his head.

"You remember Cinderella? With the pumpkin that turns into a coach, and the mice that become horses?"

Slowly, Dean looked at Sam, frowning hard. "Dude, could you be more gay?" Sam looked at Dean nonplussed, clenching his jaw as he tried to think of what to say. Jenny stared at Dean in shock, turning to Sam. Dean raised a finger up, pointing to his brother. "Don't answer that."

✦✦✦

Dean picked the lock of the pumpkin house, Sam opening the door as Jenny looked around the street.

"We'll be fine Jenny. This is practically a ghosttown." She mocked, gesturing to the bright blue sky. "This is stupid to break into a house during the day. IN A NEIGHBORHOOD."

"Well who knows, maybe the sheriff is your fairy godmother?" Dean joked to Jenny, who dropped her arm as she walked into the house.

The three split up, Jenny taking the center of the house as Sam went to the back and Dean stayed up front. The three stop after hearing a noise and all draw their guns. Dean slowly closed the front door as Sam and Jenny continue to search.