Fourty-Five

Jenny sprinted through the woods, breathing so heavily she thought she'd pass out right then and there. She turned back for a moment when she heard a loud snark grow closer, slicing her arm with a tree branch. Jenny yelled in pain, gripping her arm as she continued running.

She skidded to a halt when she spotted a hellhound in front of her, a horrified expression on her face as she took a single step back. The hellhound behind her barked as she gasped in fear, spinning to face it.

The hellhound pounced, tackling Jenny to the ground and she screamed in pain, horror, as blood splattered her face.

Jenny gasped quietly as she woke up, flinching hard. She turned to see Dean had just woken up, quickly wiping the sweat off her forehead and sat up slowly, attempting to look like she hadn't just relieved the same nightmare for the third night in a row.

"Get any sleep?" She asked Dean in a tired voice and he nodded, confused.

"Yeah, actually. I haven't had a single nightmare all week. It's weird, isn't it?" He asked before shrugging. Sam entered the motel room.

"Dig up anything good?" Sam asked the two and Dean closed the book that was sitting in his lap, shaking his head.

"No. Nothing good." He cleared his throat.

"Well, Bobby has. Finally." Sam sighed, walking over to the two.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. A way to find Lilith."

"Oh. With just uh—" Dean looked down at his watch. "Thirty hours to go." There was a long silence. Dean smiled. "Hey, why don't we just make a TJ-run, yeah? You know... some senoritas, cervezas, uh, we could... What's Spanish for "donkey show"?

Sam snickered quietly. "So if we do save you... Let's never do that."

"Yeah..." Dean looked down at the book in his lap as Sam sat down on the bed across from the two.

"Hey, Dean." Sam paused for a moment, then sighed. "Look, we're cutting it close, I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you. I swear. Everything's gonna be okay." Dean looked to Sam slowly, nodding.

Jenny looked to Sam, doing her best to not show any expression as she stared at him. Sam's face was completely distorted, flinging to the sides at a rapid pace. She blinked quickly and his face returned to normal, showing that it was just a hallucination.

✦✦✦

Bobby placed an old tracking device over a map of the United States. Jenny sat at a table by the window, scribbling frantically into her journal. Jenny glanced over to Bobby, Sam and Dean for a moment, then to the device. It had three wooden "legs" coming out from a crystal ball at the top. The ball had a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs there was another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hung a pendulum device that was sharp on the end so that it could pinpoint a specific place.

Jenny stared at it for a moment before going back to her journal.

"So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle. With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out." Bobby explained as Sam nodded slowly.

"Like the town Lilith's in?"

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street." Bobby looked over at Jenny. "Jenny. Get over here."

"I just need a second." She said, still writing in her journal, but now at a faster pace. She paused for a second before writing again.

"What the hell are you writing?" Bobby walked over and Jenny slammed the journal shut.