Twenty-Four

"You have got to be the smartest, and the stupidest person, I have ever met!" Jenny argued with Sam as she flicked the hotel lights on, chucking her jacket at a kitchen chair.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Dean added in, and Sam gave them both baffled looks.

"What?! What the hell was I thinking?" Sam repeated, shutting the door behind him. Jenny paced back and forth with her hips on her hand.

"Yes! What were you thinking, Sam? Because that bitch back there is a demon!" Jenny raised her voice, scoffing. "God, if I knew she was going to stick around, I should have killed her when I first met her!"

"They want us dead, we want them dead. That's how Hunters and demons work!" Dean cut in, and Sam scoffed.

"Oh, that's funny; I remember that demon chick in Ohio, Casey? You didn't want her dead."

"Yes, I did, Sam! I just didn't want you killing the girl she was possessing!" Dean argued as Jenny gestured to Dean. "And she wasn't stringing me along by a hook!"

"No one's stringing me along! Look, I know it's dangerous, that she is dangerous, but like it or not, she's useful."

"Useful. Right. Tell me, Sam. Has she tried to actually help us save Dean?" Jenny crossed her arms and frowned at Sam. She raised her brows, shrugging. "Has she done anything other than fixing the Colt to help us? No! Because she's a demon!"

"Exactly! We kill her before she kills us."

"Kill her with what? Jenny's knife? The Colt?" Sam glared at the two of them.

"Whatever works." Dean grumbled.

"I don't trust Ruby, Sam. In fact, NONE of us should." Jenny yelled as she flailed her arms around.

"If she wants us dead, all she has to do is stop saving our lives!" Sam yelled as Dean turned away, walking towards the bathroom sink and turned it on.

"Save our lives, of course! Because we totally needed her to save us!" Jenny shook her head before pausing, rubbing her stomach in pain.

"Look, we have to start looking at the big picture Dean, start thinking in strategies and – and moves ahead." Dean glared at Sam through the mirror before splashing water in his face. "It's not so simple, we're not – we're not just hunting anymore. We're at war."

"At war with demons, Sam." Jenny reminded as she sat down on the edge of her bed, leaning forward as she held her stomach.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked, mainly to Sam, who sighed.

"Why are you always asking me that?" Sam sat on the bed opposite of Jenny

"Because you're taking advice from a demon, for starters. And by the way, you seem less and less worried about killing people. You know, it used to eat you up inside." Dean wiped his face down, turning back around to the two.

"Yeah, and what has that gotten me?"

"Nothing, but it's just what you're supposed to do, okay? We're supposed to drive in the freakin' car and freakin' argue about this stuff. You know, you go on about the sanctity of life and all that crap." Jenny grimaced in pain, going unnoticed for the moment.

"Wait, so – so you're mad because I'm starting to agree with you?" Jenny and Dean looked at Sam quietly. Sam looked to Jenny, frowning in confusion.

"No, I'm not mad, I'm— I'm— I'm worried, Sam—" Dean sat down next to Jenny, who sat up and attempted to hide the sudden pain in her gut.I'm worried because you're not acting like yourself."