Forty-One

Jenny and Dean stared at her phone for so long. Every minute that passed, Dean would look up to see Jenny still hadn't moved an inch. Her elbows were still resting on the table, head in her hands and eyes lowered to stare at the silver device with that small sticker on the front. He wasn't sure if she had blinked at all in the time that passed.

Thirty more minutes passed, and neither of them had gotten a call from anyone. Not even Sam.

Another thirty minutes. Jenny's phone finally rang. She sprung up from her seat and snatched the phone, Dean standing up quickly as she answered the phone.

"Nate?" She started, looking to Dean, who looked fairly hopeful. After a moment, her eyes widened. "Where's the demon?"

✦✦✦

Dean slammed the brakes in a suburban neighborhood. Jenny was out of the Impala first, rushing to the trunk and grabbing her bag as Dean joined her, looking around suspiciously. The two moved towards a house.

Jenny knelt down in front of the door and fished through her pockets, pulling out her lock pick. She unlocked the door within a few seconds, putting the puck away and slowly entered the house with Dean.

The two moved quietly down a hallway, arms pressed together when they heard a floorboard freak from the second floor. The looked back towards the stairs.

"Hello?" Dean called out quietly. No one answered.

✦✦✦

Jenny finished spray painting a devils trap on the floor as Dean gripped a rosary, dropping it into a large bottle of water. Jenny stood back up and turned to Dean, unsure.

"Something doesn't feel right about this." Jenny mumbled under her breath. Dean didn't say anything, just kept looking around.

After a few minutes, car headlights shined across the window into the room where Dean and Jenny were waiting. The two silently moved toward the hallway as they heard a car door slam shut. Dean removed the lid from the bottle of holy water as Jenny heard a noise toward the back of the house and frowned, moving down the hallway toward the back door. She paused, then looked from the back to the front, and then to Dean.

"Something definitely isn't ri—" The back door slammed open and a main appeared, raising a rifle and firing it at Jenny. She leapt out of the way and Dean ran, hiding behind a wall as Jenny pulled her gun out from behind her. She slammed her back against the wall, turning ti see that the man was reloading.

As she went to shoot the man, Dean tackled him against a wall. He hit the man a few times before kneeing him viciously and let him fall.

Dean moved toward the rifle but the man followed, grabbing Dean and slammed him backwards into a table. Jenny let go of her gun and threw herself at the man, slamming her fist directly into his nose. Blood poured immediately, getting onto her hand and the man threw Jenny off himself, only for Dean to grab him by the shirt and slam their heads together. As the man fell backwards to the ground, Dean kicked him in the stomach.

Jenny stood up as Dean kicked the man four more times, paused, then kicked him once more, even more viciously. Jenny stared at Dean for a moment, eyes wide. He turned to her, noticing the blood on her hand.

"Are you hurt? Did he get you?" Dean grabbed Jenny, giving her a once over before looking at her hand.

"I'm fine, Dean. It's his blood." She reassured, still staring at him in shock. "That was a bit much... Don't you think?"

"He almost killed you." Dean argued, grabbing a nearby cloth and wiped the blood off of her hand.

As the two had been distracted, the man was suddenly standing again and tackled Dean through a glass door leading to the living room. Jenny looked around quickly for her gun, running to the hallway to snatch it back up.