Thirty-One

six months later

Jenny drove down the road in silence, a cold stare on her face as her phone started to ring. She ignored it.

"This is Jennifer. You know what to do." There was a long beep, Jenny glancing down to her phone as she waited.

Jenny pulled up to a house, which was very close to the mystery spot, and the place Dean had died. She grabbed her phone, setting it on the dashboard as she looked through the duffel bag next to her, listening to the voice mail.

"Jennifer? It's Bobby. Heard about that Wendigo thing you took care of in Washington. Nice job. Been about five months since we talked, though. I miss your voice. Give me a call. You know I'm here for you." Jenny paused when her phone beeped, shutting her eyes and shook her head.

Five months. She did exactly what Dean had feared. She left everyone behind, and started putting her time into hunting, and searching for the man that had killed him.

Jenny cocked her gun, looking down at the engraved initials on the handle before getting out of her car.

Jenny kicked the front door of Cal's home down, hearing the man yell in a panic and fall off of his couch. Jenny stormed him, raising her gun to the man. "Please! Take my money!" The man begged as Jenny shook her head.

"Did you take Dean's money?" Jenny spat, towering over the terrified man. "Or did you just shoot him?!" She yelled, and the man flinched hard.

"I don't— I don't know what you're talking about!"

"You're a fucking liar. And I'll see you in Hell." Jenny pulled the trigger.

✦✦✦

"Jenny. It's Sam. I know we haven't talked since... I found this vampire nest in Austin. Thought we could take it on together. If I don't hear back... I'll just call in some hunters and have them take care of it. I miss you. Call me soon."

Jenny stared at her phone on the nightstand as she laid in another motel bed. She turned to her other side, where she always hoped to see Dean sleeping. But there wasn't even a second bed in her room.

It was just Jenny. Alone.

✦✦✦

"Jenny? Bobby again. Look, I'm worried about you. I'm worried about Sam. I don't want you guys to keep ignoring me." Jenny listened to the voice mail as she cleaned her gun, sitting in a motel room surrounded in maps, and newspaper clippings. It was all Trickster-related cases, with nothing overlapping so she could see it all.

"Just tell me you're not sitting alone somewhere obsessing over this damn Trickster like Sam is. Call me, Jennifer. We can find it together with Sam. No one should take something like this on alone. You hear me? By the way, that werewolf case in Madison, hell of a job. It's good that you aren't afraid of those anymore. But I see why. Don't push your limit, Jenny. Call me."

Jenny tensed at the mention of her werewolf case. She looked down at her arm, which was still severely bruised and weeks away from healing completely.

✦✦✦

"Jennifer? It's Bobby. I found him."