Thirty-Seven

Jenny stared at Corbett as he had stopped moving, Daggett slowly taking the knife out of the poor boys throat, and started stalking to Jenny.

"No. No get away from me." Jenny pressed her back to the chair as she still struggled to free herself.

"This won't hurt. It's okay. It's okay. Relax. Relax." Daggett cooed, Jenny flinching as he strapped a party hat to her head.

"I've been waiting for some more friends. I get lonely. But you're coming to my party, aren't you?" Daggett asked as Jenny had started to breathe heavily, looking up at the apparition.

"Will you kill me if I say no?" She asked sheepishly through a smile. Daggett tilted his head. There was silence between the two for a moment. "Why did you kill all of these people?"

Daggett continued to stare at Jenny for a moment before he slowly set the knife down. "I was lonely... No one wanted to be friends with a janitor."

"Is that music?"

Jenny turned her head quickly towards the wall behind Corbett, eyes widening. "Yeah, it's coming from behind this wall."

Jenny stayed quiet as there was a loud grinding noise from the opposite side of the wall. There was another hushed voice, followed by the loud bang of the door opening. Sam, Dean and Spruce stood in the doorway.

"Dean! Sam!" Jenny beamed, turning away as Dean shot Daggett and the spirit disappeared. Dean rushed over to Jenny, untying her before wrapping her in his arms.

"Oh no... Corbett.." Jenny turned to Spruce, who was staring at his friend with a mourning expression. "What's this Daggett guy's problem anyway?" Spruce spat, turning away from his dead friend.

"Loneliness." Jenny answered as she looked at the cake, debating for a moment.

"What, he's never heard of a Realdoll?" Dean scoffed as Jenny shook their heads.

"No, no, no, Daggett was the Norman Bates, stuff-your-mother kind of lonely. I mean, that's why he lifted these bodies from the morgue, threw himself a birthday party, except they were the only ones who would come. Anyway, so, at midnight, he sealed them in the bomb shelter and went upstairs and o.d.'d on horse tranqs." Jenny explained.

"How do you know this?" Dean asked. Jenny looked at all of the corpses sitting at the table, shrugging.

"He told me."

"Oh. yeah. Okay, so now that he's dead, what? Same song, different verse, trying to get people to come to his party?" Dean rolled his eyes as he picked up his gun, cocking it.

"Pretty much, yeah. Stay forever." Sam scoffed, shaking his head. Spruce pointed to Dean's gun.

"Are those real bullets?"

"It's rock salt."

✦✦✦

"Seriously -- you're still filming?" Jenny asked Spruce, who was aiming the camera at her. She pushed it to Sam and Dean's direction.

"It makes him feel better. Don't ask." Dean shrugged and Jenny frowned at him. "I can't get this fucking door to open!"

"Ah, hell, guys. Get in your ghost-role thing. Something's coming." Jenny turned at the loud ringing again, grabbing the gun from Sam's hands and aimed it at Daggett, who had appeared behind Spruce. Spruce turned around only to be knocked to the ground by the spirit.

Jenny pulled the trigger and Spruce screamed, covering his head as Daggett disappearing. Sam walked over to Spruce, lifting him up and grabbed the camera.