Chapter 40

I decided to go to Casá De Villa since hindi parin ako kinakausap ni Ms. Avi. Nabubuang na ako kakaisip kung bakit sya ganun. May nagawa ba akong mali? Hays nakakapagod na mag isip. I took a deep breath as I slightly closed my eyes.

I heard the bell ring, indicating that there was a new customer. Agad akong nag-angat ng tingin, curious na malaman kung sino yung pumasok. My mouth literally dropped on the floor... Men I swear. There's a gorgeous woman who walks in and it instantly caught my attention. I mean, if you guys can see her, she's so fucking gorgeous. She looks like a model - a runway fashion model.

I scanned her overall appearance and noticed that she looked like she was in her mid 30's and she was a few inches taller than me. I quickly stood up and approached her.

"Hi miss, how may I help you?" I cheerfully said but she just gave me a 'do I know you' look.

For a damn second, we were just staring at each other. She looks so stressed but yet, I can't help but to mesmerize her gorgeous face.

Dammit!

Suddenly, we heard a voice coming from behind me.

"Good day! Mrs. Reyes, your usual order ma'am?" Asked my employee to this woman.

"Ow! Shitt! Mrs.?" I asked to myself.

We both looked at the counter where Vivian, smiling, staring at us.

The woman cleared her throat. "Yes Please." She said softly but in an exhausting tone.

I forgot to mention what my restaurant looks like. Well, I decided na gawing café itong ¹st floor with a mini gaming station like what you can usually play at the arcade. Karamihan sa mga costumer namin, is mga students. Usually, pumupunta sila dito after class pero ewan ko nalang sa iba, baka nagcutting yung iba sa mga yan

This café was designed by me - myself. I made this to look like a safe place not just for myself but for all people that have a bad day. To make them feel that there's some place that they can easily come by and bring them some peace of mind.

A soft and relaxing music was playing in the background. The ambience of this café makes you feel at home. So no wonder they kept coming here. We are actually pretty packed up today, well, everyday actually. Don't worry malaki naman ang space nitong café. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I'm just being proud of myself.

²nd floor, on the other hand, is kung saan kami nag dinner ni Ms. Avi - with my friends. And for the overall appearance of the restaurant is to make the customers have a romantic and peaceful evening. But, of course, we were not open for just dinner but lunch too.

Anyways, the woman starts making her way to one of the table near mine. Sinundan ko lang ito ng tingin hanggang sa makaupo ito. I slowly made my way to my table and grabbed my coffee and started walking towards her table.

"Looks like you're alone... may I sit, miss?" She looked up at me and nodded her head hesitantly. "Need someone to talk?"

Ok? Why are you asking the woman like that, you creepo. Sorry, but you sound like a maniac. Sermon ng utak ko.

Pwede ba wag ka ngang OA dyan, I'm just trying to be nice. And besides, she indeed seems to need someone to talk.

Before she could answer me, "Here's your coffee, Mrs. Reyes. May gusto pa po ba kayong e order?"

"It's miss btw and no." She hissed and Vivian immediately apologized, clearly embarrassed.

"Strawberry cheese cake, do you want?" I asked the woman in front of me politely. Feeling close ang lola mo HAHAHA

The woman looked at me and declined my offer. So I returned my gaze to Vivian and told her to give me the order instead. My employee slightly nods her head and walks away.

Ok, I don't know how to start a conversation with her. She was not quite interested in talking with someone or maybe she just wanted to have peace while sipping her coffee. And here I am disturbing this woman. 🤦🏻

As I was about to speak, "Want to ask something?" I heard her say as I watched her bring the coffee to her lips. She's not asking but she sounds more like a 'can you just leave me alone' tone.

I bit my lower lip. Should I leave her alone? But there is something inside of me saying that she probably needs someone to talk or atleast listen to her.

Dude! Leave the woman alone, let her enjoy her coffee for fuck's sake. Protesta ng utak ko, but because I'm stubborn, I just ignored it.

"I forgot to introduce myself, btw my name is Kali... Juliana Kali Villarreal." I tried to start a conversation after how many mins. Of silence.

I shyly held out my hand. She just stared down at my hand and I thought she was gonna reject it, but I was wrong. She took it and shook our hands.

"Cute." I heard her mumble quietly, but I didn't clearly understand.

"Sorry what?"

"Nothing. I said, my name is Athena Jones." She said as she continued shaking my hand.

Her hand was soft and aside from the smell of the coffee her lavender scent quickly invaded my nostrils.

I smiled. "What a gorgeous name for a gorgeous woman like you." I saw a slight pink appear across her cheeks.

"Thank you." She tucks a loss strand of her hair behind her ear. I find it quite sexy. I dunno.

After I told her 'you're welcome', I couldn't help but ask her why my employee called her Mrs. Reyes earlier as I grew confused.

She was hesitant at first. So I kind of need to reassure her, for her to be able to open up.

"Sorry I'm not trying to be nosy... I'm just confused as to why she calls you that, but It's ok you don't need to explain if you don't feel -"

"No, you seem not." She cuts me off.

"Besides, it's true... that sometimes it's ok to tell your story to strangers because they won't judge you, and they don't know you that much." She tells me and I nods my head in agreement.

Maya-maya ay dumating narin ang aking strawberry cheese cake. Yey!

I bet she's comfortable now sharing her story with me because she started telling me about how her husband cheated on her, that's why she's been dealing with the divorce thingy. They had been married for almost 10 years but her husband ruined that. I'm not a fan of all this cheating drama thing, but can't really judge the man. I don't even know the whole story, so I don't really know how to react to that... But I feel bad for this woman - I mean for Athena.

She's 35 years old but damn - I mean she doesn't look 35 man. May kamukha syang sikat but I can't quite pinpoint if who it is. Agad ko syang nilapitan at kinulong sa mga bisig ko nang marinig ko ang mahina nitong paghikbi. Great I made her remember how fucked up her married life is. And now she's crying. Damn man

She just wants to clear her mind and forget the horrible man she married. That's why she's here.

"I'm sorry for asking." Agad na hingi ko ng paumanhin dito pero umiling-iling lang ito sa balikat ko, reassuring me that I have nothing to apologize for while still sobbing.

"I'm sorry masyado ata akong naging komportable sayo - I mean you're a stranger, but you did comfort me though... So thank you." She said the moment she pulled back from our embrace.

I smiled at her before I stood up and went back to my seat.

"It's ok, I understand and you're welcome, miss."

"Athena... call me Athena." She said suggestively.