42.reincarnated

Antonio is playing on the floor with Pepa. Today he's been really distant. it's a couple days after his 4th birthday.

"mami" he said

"yes Tonito?" she said

"i'm sorry I made you sad." he said looking down

"what are you talking about? you didn't make mami sad" she tells him

she pulls him on her lap and pushes his hair back.

"but I did when I went to heaven. " he said

she looks at him confused.

"Antonio i don't know what you mean" she said

He put his hand on her stomach.

"i was in here before. you and papi was young but then i was called back to heaven. abuela Dolores and abuelo Pedro took care of me. they sent Dolores and Camilo first. then i had to be born to another mami. Abuela and Abuelo told me not to be scared because papi will find me and he did. i made my way back to you guys. i'm sorry it took a long time. they said i wasn't ready yet until i was. " he explains.

Pepa starts to cry wetting them both.

"Antonio who told you that mi amor?" she asks

she knows only the adults in the family know about her lost.

"nobody mami. i'm telling you what happened" he said and wipes her tears

you enter the room and try to push the rain cloud. you get on the floor and hug Pepa who doesn't let go Antonio.

"hey i'm here. what's wrong" you ask concerned.

"nothing" Pepa said in a tone you know so well.

after a while she calms down and you help Antonio get in some dry clothes.

"papi I love you and mami." Antonio tells you

"we love you Tonito so much " you tell him and kiss his head.

you help him dry his hair.

"papi and mami are going to go talk. we will be back." you said.

he nods and you grab Pepa's hand. you two walk to your office and close the door. Pepa sits down and runs a hand through her hair.

"what happen mi vida?" you ask

"he told me he was sorry he made me sad. i asked what he was talking about... (y/n) he said he was our baby before. the one we lost." Pepa said still shocked.

"who told him about our lost? kids have active imaginations." you said. 

"he said nobody. i think he's telling the truth... i read something about kids being reincarnated. I have the paper in our room. " Pepa said getting up.

you two go to the room and she gives you the article. you sit down and read it. you are surprised about reincarnation with kids recalling events. it's not like you can't believe it because heck you live in a magic house.

"That can explain why it felt right when I had him in my arms the first time." you said

"he came back to us Mi amor. our angel." Pepa said smiling.

you pull her close and hold her. she hugs you and you stroke her hair. you want to do more research on reincarnation. your door opens and you see Antonio come in.

"papi mami i'm hungry." Antonio said.

you both get up and take Antonio downstairs. you get him some fruit and he smiles big. you and Pepa take him outside to sit. he sits on Pepa's lap as you all sit in front of the house.

"mami open wide" Antonio said holding a grape.

Pepa smiles and then opens her mouth. he puts the grape in her mouth and smiles as she eats it.

"what about Papi?" you said

Antonio feeds you a piece of mango. you kiss the top of his head.

"papi can we go catch bugs today?" he asked.

"tomorrow in the morning we can after breakfast. " you tell him.

"but papi it's not dark yet." Antonio pouts.

"if we do it tomorrow Camilo can join us." you inform him.

he smiles big. he always loves to be around his big brother.

"yay just the boys. can we make Tio Agustin come?" he asks.

you nod smiling, though a little piece of you hurts. you know bruno would love to have boy time with you guys if he was around. you at times think of him and think of how much he's missed. you know he would get along with Antonio and his love for animals. Antonio would love Bruno's rat shows for sure.

"mami papi, i love being with you guys." Antonio said

"and we love being with you Principito." Pepa said