5.doubt implanted

everyone in town seems to notice how the middle madrigal child and you are infatuated with each other. the way she watched you work and how it seems like you only brighten up when you see her. some of the towns women ask Alma when's the wedding. Alma only told them Pepa is still a child. Alma did have the sex talk with her daughter who was embarrassed the entire time.

your dad was asked questions which he just replied that he knows you are a respectful young man. he also had an embarrassing sex talk with you. mostly to just tell you to respect women.

Pepa is currently sitting next to you in the produce stall reading the book you wrote.  you are helping a customer when a girl is watching you from across the way. you don't notice but it catches Pepa's attention. she peeks from the book every so often and swears she can see hearts in the girls eyes as she watches you.

"mi sol..." Pepa said after the customer left

"yes?" you look at her smiling

she can't help but smile back. your smile makes her so happy.

"um.. your story is amazing. i hope you publish it. " she said

"hopefully soon " you said and kiss her cheek.

"you missed" Pepa said and points to her lips.

you chuckle and peck her lips. Pepa smirks knowing the girl saw since she stopped staring. soon you get to close the stand. you sold everything today.

"ready for me to walk you home?" you ask

Pepa nods and holds on to your arm as you both walk to casita. it's a nice quiet walk until you get there. you hold her hand and look at her lovingly.

"so I actually have a gift for you.." you said smiling excitedly

"what is it?" she ask

you reach into your bag and pull out a jewelry box. she opens it and inside are sun earrings.

"these are beautiful." she said admiring the earrings.

"you really like them?" you ask

"yes. thank you " she said putting them on.

you smile at how great she looks and she pecks your lips.

"you know every time you kiss me i feel warm inside.. especially when you look at me with those beautiful enchanting eyes. i swear you'll be able to make me do whatever you want with those eyes" you say low in her ear

she blushes and look up into your (e/c) eyes

"well you make me hot down below with a simple touch" she winks and walks inside.

you blush as you watch her. this girl will be the death of you. you head home while Pepa is showing off her earrings to Julieta and Alma who are in the kitchen.

"look what (y/n) got me" she said excited showing the earrings

"wow those are beautiful" Alma said smiling

she's happy for her daughter.

"he really likes you " Julieta said

"i like him too" Pepa smiles

"well don't go messing it up. don't want to make him like someone else" Bruno said walking in

Pepa glares at him and smack the back of his head

"bruno! pepa!" Alma said

"he started it mami! " Pepa said crossing her arms

"Bruno don't say things like that to your sister. Pepa don't hit your brother. " Alma said rubbing her temples

Julieta gives her siblings a look that means to cut it out.

"here your tea mami" Julieta says while putting the cup in front of her mother.

Pepa glares again at Bruno before going out to the front. that just ruined her mood. the skies grow dark and Pepa can't help but just groan out of frustration. what if you don't like her and find someone new? her insecurities grow.

Meanwhile you are playing with your brother while your tia takes a nap. your dad comes in and you look up from your spot on the floor.

"hey papi" you said smiling.

"hi mijo. " he said and sit down.

"Tomas is doing better at tummy time. he doesn't fuss when i do it with him." you said smiling at the baby who's looking around at the hanging toys.

"i'm surprise he's up" your dad said

"yeah he got up a few minutes ago. i fed him and we played a bit... he looks a lot like me. we both look like mom." you said sadly

your dad smiles small and nods.

"si. you both look just like her. i know i don't talk about your mami a lot because it hurts but if you want to talk about her we can. i don't want you to grieve in silence son. " he said and puts an hand on your shoulder.

you look up at him and smile small.

"i love you Mijo" he said smiling at you

"i love you too papi"