2.2

A village in Alton was burned to ash by Bloodhair and his men, keeping only a small number of men and women as hostage.
"You're up." Sihtric said, pushing Osferh to the front, using him as a distraction. While Sihtric and Y/N, headed around the opposite side to Finan and Uhtred, watching carefully.
"I would like you all to surrender, or I will smite you?" Osferth said. Sihtric looked at Y/N, a confused look forming on his face.
"It means to kill." She whispered, almost finding it funny that the young man was using biblical words to a group of Danish warriors. Y/N watched Osferth distract them, waiting for Uhtred to send the signal to fight.
"NOW!" Uhtred shouted. Y/N jumped over the gate, striking the Dane man in front of her, as she followed Sihtric to the door.
"Hæsten says she is of the devil." Uhtred said, warning them of who they may encounter.
"Then it might be an idea to bar the door and burn this place down." Finan said, not wanting to deal with this newfound issue.
"Without her. She will be priceless." Y/N looked at Finan, who shrugged. She really did not want to engage with this woman, and by the look of Sihtric's face, he did not either.

Sihtric shoved Y/N behind him, giving her a look that told her to stay behind him as they walked in. Her eyes widened when she saw two priests hung from their neck. The rest of them scattered dead across the floor.
"Lord." Y/N whispered, making a cross at the sight. It made her stomach turn.
"You are Skade." Uhtred asked the blonde woman, who gave off a dark feeling. Y/N placed her hands on Sihtrics fore arm for reassurance and comfort. Sihtric stayed put, keeping Y/N behind him as Uhtred moved forward.
"You will tell them Uhtred of Bebbanberg has his witch." Uhtred told the Dane.
"I knew it was you." Skade said, watching Uhtred, never once taking her eyes off of him.
"There will be a ransom to pay."
"No." Skade walked towards him. "You will tell them. From this day onwards. Uhtred of Bebbenberg is cursed. The witch holds his heart in her hands and will squeeze it and break it." Y/N looked at Finan, who held his cross that was around his chest. Finan looked at the two in worry. Sihtric lifted his arm, pushing Y/N back as Skade edged closer, calling Uhtred her prisoner.
"I said seize her." Uhtred said, panicking. Reaching for his sword. "Sihtric, I said seize her. Bind her hands." Sihtric quickly ran to grab the rope as Finan moved towards him, grabbing her wrist.
"And her mouth." Finan grabbed a cloth, binding her mouth, before placing his hand over her eyes.

Osferth looked at Y/N, who shook her head, feeling afraid.
"Should we do something?" Osferth said, looking down at the bodies.
"There's no time." Y/N walked outside, noticing Skade on her horse.
"With me." Finan said, helping her onto his horse, wrapping his arms around her tightly as they travelled to Eashine. Y/N could sense Sihtrics uneasiness, but she couldn't reach out to him, as she was riding with Finan. Y/N looked back at Finan, who rode closer to Sihtric, whose face held discomfort.
"I think she may have gotten inside Uhtreds head." Finan said, looking at Sihtric, who shook his head. "Kill her and be done with it."
"That will not kill the curse." Sihtric said plainly.
"Then how do you get rid of curse." Y/N asked worriedly, looking at Sihtric.
"There is no curse." Osferth interrupted Sihtric, disagreeing with him.
"If I say there's no Christian God. Does that make it so?" Sihtric bit back, clearly bothered.
"There is no curse, Sihtric." Y/N leaned back into Finan, letting the two men verbally fight it out.
"I have seen women throw a curse and the next day a man is dead."
"Right, that's it. Too speak of it, makes it stronger." Finan said, clearly having enough, but the two wouldn't stop.
"Yet there is no curse." Finan grunted at Osferths words.
"If that is true. Then I do not have a wife."
"Enough." Y/N said. Glaring at them both. "There's no curse and Sihtric doesn't have a wife. Agreed?" Finan chuckled as the two of them kept quiet.
"I do have a wife." Sihtric muttered, looking at his horse.

When they reached Eashine, Father Beocca approached, Y/N, still concerned  about Thyra's dreams.
"Father Beocca. Are you sure Thyra said that?" Y/N questioned again, worrying for the sake of Uhtred and them all.
"I'm afraid so Y/N. Thyra sees it." The two walked together, trying to come up with a plan. "Have you asked Sihtric?" Y/N shook her head, looking at Sihtric from a distance, who was watching her.
"I-I." She sighed, shaking her head. "Sihtric is already worried as it is. I can not keep asking him about curses."
"We have to warn them. God forbid if we all become cursed." Y/N stopped Father Beocca, shaking her head as she looked at Sihtric.
"Not another word. I fear Sihtric will become paranoid. I will talk to Finan." Father Beocca nodded, walking away as Y/N stared at Sihtric, fear rising in her stomach. All she could do was wait for Alfred's orders since it became his final decision. Whether she agreed with them or not.

With a sigh, Y/N approached Sihtric with a gentle smile.
"What did Beocca ask of you?" Sihtric said, a frown forming on his face. Y/N placed her hands on his forearm, smiling at him.
"He worries still about Thyra's dreams." It wasn't a full lie, but she did not wish to worry him.
"They are visions." Sihtric said plainly, holding the woman, as he stared at the building behind her, where Skade was placed. Y/N grabbed his face, bringing his forehead to hers, looking at his dark eyes.
"Sihtric Kjartansson. I love you, but please stop worrying until a plan is made." Sihtric closed his eyes, holding his head for a few moments before kissing her lips, almost too gently.
"Alfred has gone mad." Finan said as he approached them, holding his hands over the fire.
"What?" Y/N asked, looking at Finan with a frown, as she watched Uhtred lead Alfred to Skade.
"Alfred said he'd like to hump the witch. No word of a lie." Y/N slapped Finans arm, shooting a glare at him. Sihtric shook his head and took the ale that Osferth bought to them.

A plan was still yet to be made. Alfred wished to wait for Bloodhair and his men to reach them, but Uhtred disagreed. He did not want to bring Eashine a battle.
"What is a seer? Are they not the same thing?" Y/N asked, looking at Finan, who shrugged.
"They are not." Sihtric said, looking at the place Alfred once stayed.
"I thought she was a witch?"
"Uhtred said she's a seer?" Sihtric clenched the cup, his eyes burning with anger.
"If she is a seer, then Uhted must feel her power." Sihtric said with a pause. "Then he is cursed." Y/N shook her her head, sitting down, placing her head against the pole, slowly closing her eyes.

Finan woke her up as he gently tried to move her so he could place her head on his lap, allowing her to rest properly. Shuffling his cloak over her to keep her warm, occasionally stroking her hair, until she drifted off. Only to be woken back up again by shouting.
"When can we bind her mouth shut." Sihtric said, looking at his tired wife. Y/N looked at Finan, whose eyes were closed. His hand still wrapped in his cloak, trying to keep her warm.
"Let her sing." Uhtred said, causing Y/N to peer over slightly.
"Why is she shouting?" Y/N croaked out looking at them.
"She's calling for Bloodhair." Uhtred said plainly. Y/N winced, noticing the woman get louder and louder. Y/N looked at Finan, who shuffled his position as Æthlewold approached them. He gave her a tired smile, gently stroking her face, bringing her closer so he could rest his head on her shoulder, knowing neither of them would get any sleep, as Skade shouted all night long.