2.4

Y/N rode with Sihtric on his horse to Fearnham Hill, where they were to meet with Æthlered and his men. Sihtric kept himself far away, on his horse, from Skade, not trusting the woman. The longer they rode, the heavier the snow started to fall, sticking to Y/Ns hair, causing her to shiver. Every so often, Sihtric would tighten his cloak around her to add extra warmth, but the wind would pull it off of them again.

Once they reached Fearnham Hill, they stopped, waiting for a sign of Finan or the Mercians.
"Perhaps Finan did not make the journey?" Sihtric said, a hint of worry in his voice.
"He should have." Y/N whispered, tightening her hands against Sihtrics. Finan should have made it by now.
"Do we wait for the Danes to catch us?" Osferth asked when he noticed no one had moved, and no one had approached.
"Your man is here. I know it." Skade said, looking at Y/N. Sihtric tightened his arm around her, hitting his temple against hers. To stop her from looking back at Skade.
"It is Finan. And the Mercians." Y/N said. Noticing the figure up ahead.

Sihtric kicked his horse to ride over to Finan at the top of the hill, who greeted her with a kiss.
"I told yu woman, I'd be fine." Sihtric snorted at Finans words.
"You were late." Finan rolled his eyes at Sihtric before kissing Y/N again.
"It took a lot of convincing." Finan looked at Skade with a huff before back to his wife. "I want yu to stay on the hill with the Lady Æthelflaed and Skade. You will not fight."
"Agreed." Sihtric said.
"Why not?" Y/N looked at Skade, who watched her.
"I don't want yu to fight. I know yu can woman, but trust me on this one yur better off out of it." Finan looked at her, squeezing her arm before he got off his horse, as he headed towards Uhtred. Sihtric slid of his horse, before looking back at her. "Do not fight. No matter how bad it gets. Do not fight. Swear to me Y/N."
"I swear it." Y/N said, leaning down to kiss him before looking back at Skade and Uhtred.

A sense of darkness filled her again, causing her to touch her head. She really dispised the seer, that now approached her with a guard.
"They worship you, you know." Skade said, looking at Y/N. Y/N kept her head forward, not looking at her.
"They would do anything for you."
"Would they now." Y/N said, gritting her teeth. She would not look at Skade. Only keeping her eyes on the fight.
"Yes. Mayhaps one may betray you." Y/N turned around and looked at her, locking eyes, before kicking her horse to move.
"Lord Aldhelm. Can you bind her mouth shut."
"Does she always talk this much?" The Lady Æthelflaed asked, smiling at Y/N, who nodded, watching the fight, her hands clenching the reigns in anticipation. Y/N really wanted to fight.
"Finan?!" Y/N gasped when she saw Finans figure dissappear. She leaned forward, trying to find him. Eventually relaxing when she saw him, fighting beside Sihtric.
"Your father. The Lord King is here." Y/N was relieved. It meant that the battle would be over soon, and it would be. Bloodhair had given up
"Pity. I thought Bloodhair was not a man who yielded." Aldhelm said, watching the fight decease.

Y/N did not care. Only wishing to see her bloodied husbands.
"You can go. I will watch her." Æthelflaed said, noticing her anticipation. Y/N kicked the horse to move in the direction to where they was. Finan's face was covered in blood, a few gashes on his neck. Sihtric was more bloodied across the face, but not a scratch to be found.
"You kept your word." Sihtric pulled her off the horse. His mouth attached to hers as he gripped her tightly, his arms not letting her go. Y/N eventually pulled back to look at Finans arm. A smile never left his face as he saw her.
"I have never been so happy to see yu in my life, woman."

Returning to Winchester was victorious. Many greeted the warriors on their return. Thanking them and praising them, but Y/N knew something was wrong. Hild did not greet her, only watched her with a saddened face.
"Sihtric." Y/N looked at her husband, who held the rope tightly, that bound Skade. Sihtric looked at her saddened face with a frown before following her gaze to see Hilds.
"I told you. She told no lie." Finan frowned at his wife's words, watching her.
"What?" Finan asked, looking at Sihtric, who's face started to glare.
"The Lady Gisela is gone." Y/N's face held no expression. She had already heard it was coming.
"What are yu talking about?" Finan asked. His eyes never left Y/N's face.