3.34

Y/N and Sihtric walked back to find Finan sitting outside, drinking with Osferth. Still celebrating.
"You are still celebrating?" Y/N laughed as she sat down with them, taking the jug and pouring herself a drink. Sihtric shook his head and sat beside her on the floor, taking a cup.
"When Uhtred is baptised, we are going to be his advisors." Finan laughed. Y/N leaned against Sihtric slightly drunk as she laughed, clinking her cup against Finans. The four of them drank and laughed until Stiorra joined them.
"Why are you sitting outside?" Stiorra asked, and they all shrugged.
"Well, let's go inside." Finan said, dragging a drunk Osferth with them.

Y/N slapped Finans back as she giggled while Stiorra laughed behind her.
"I don't think I can stomach another drop of ale, Finan." Osferth said as he almost fell to the side, nearly pulling Sihtric with him, who grabbed Y/N to stabilise himself. Y/N laughed as Sihtric wrapped his arm around her shoulder drunkenly as he looked at her.
"Everyone knows yu cure like with like. So, only more ale will make you feel better." Finan nudged Osferth lightly as they laughed at him.
"Makes perfect sense." Sihtric breathed out as he let go of Y/N to hold the table. Y/N breathed out as she rubbed her stomach, feeling slightly sick and dizzy.
"Woah!" Sihtric said as he caught Y/N wobbling. Finan nudged Y/N slightly with a look, but she was too drunk to hear what he was saying.
"W-what did he say?" Y/N drunkenly asked Sihtric.
"Something about being an advisor?" Sihtric said with a shrug while he held her to stop both of them from wobbling. Both seemed to be having a hard time from not moving. Y/N seemed to jolt back and forth, causing Sihtric to become dizzy.
"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake." Sihtric said, causing Y/N to look up at him to see him talking to Osferth. Y/N poked at Sihtrics nose, making him jump. Sihtric looked back at her with an amused expression before biting her nose.
"Mm?! Not hers." Finan said as he pushed Stiorras' hand away as she tried to reach for the cup. "She will have milk." Sihtric took the cup from Stiorra and downed it. "I am not incurring the wrath of the Lord and Protector of Mercia on his first day-" Stiorra snatched the cup out of Finans hand and drank it quickly. Y/N looked at Stiorra wide-eyed at how quickly she drank the ale. Finan looked back at her and Sihtric with a shocked look before breaking into fits of laughter. Y/N grabbed another cup and past it to Stiorra giving her a naughty look.
"When you see your father. You act sober." Stiorra pointed towards Y/N. "Of course I will keep quiet. Besides it is not my first drink. And you witnessed that." Y/N nodded with laughter as she wobbled to a table with Stiorra following behind her.

"At least I did not throw it back up like Cynlæf." Stiorra said with a laugh, making Finan and Sihtric turn right around with a frown. Y/N made a face, showing an apologetic look.
"Cynlæf has done what." Finan said with a drunken frown as he slammed himself down on the bench beside her.
"That was Y/N actually. She gave him the cup." Y/N tilted her head as she drank her ale.
"Stiorra, when we say, 'keep secrets,' that does not mean tell my husbands." Y/N said with a laugh as she watched Osferth run out of the Alehouse with Sihtric following behind him. The three of them laughed and decided they should check on Osferth to see if he was alright. However, when they got there, Edwards Guards had started to round up. Y/N looked at Sihtric, who was trying to concentrate on what was happening.
"Yu, hide yourself!" Finan said to Stiorra.
"Finan!" Stiorra answered back, but he gave her a scolding look, telling her to go now.
"If today we are not celebrating of the new Lord of Mercia, I would fear that King Edwards guards were seizing Aeglesburg." Finan said as the Wessex Guards headed towards the gate.
"They do not look like they are celebrating." Sihtric drunkenly said.
"We need to find Uhtred... and advise him." Finan said with a smirk at them.
"I will go and find Cynlæf and Eir." Y/N said about to run off when Osferth pulled her back.
"W-wont they be fine with Eadith?" The three of them stopped and gave him a look.
"W-what?" Osferth stuttered, slightly going redder and redder.
"O-Oh we know that look." Y/N drunkenly said as she pushed him lightly, "someone is smitten with Eadith."
"I-I am not." Osferth said. A clear panic in his voice. Finan grabbed Y/N by the hips and span her around in the other direction.
"Go to the children and do not do anything or go anywhere until one of us comes and finds you." Y/N nodded at Finans words and jogged to the gardens.

Y/N stopped when she saw Cynlæf playing tag with Ælfwynn and Æthelstan while Eadith sat and watched them with Eir on her lap.
"Lady, is everything alright?" Eadith said, breaking her out of her thoughts. Y/N shook her head as she got up and sat next to her.
"Hello, you." Y/N cooed as she took her daughter, who had a cheeky little smirk on her face.
"The King has taken over Aeglesburg and we are not sure why." Y/N said as she kissed her daughters stomach, making her giggle.
"Well, that is certainly not good." Eadith said. Y/N shook her head. It was not a good sign, especially at this stage.
"All we can do is wait. That's what my husbands said to do."
"Do you ever listen to them." Y/N laughed at Eadiths words.
"Believe it or not I do. I am not impulsive, but. A very small but I can persuade them to do a small opposite." The both of them laughed at her words.
"Lady Y/N, may I speak with you for a moment." Y/N turned around to see the Lady Ælswith approaching her. Her hands clasped patiently in front of her as she waited for Y/N. Y/N got up and beckoned her towards the tree.
"I will speak plainly and straight to the point. I would like to return to my home in Bedwynn with Æthelstan. To bring up Alfred's bloodline properly. If you could ask Uhtred and your... your husbands to provide me with the protection of getting their." Y/N breathed out, placing her hands on her hips, almost laughing at the request.
"So that is what you have wanted, Lady?" Y/N said, raising an eyebrow.
"Your son, Cynlæf is always welcome to visit. I can, too, offer to educate him during his stays." Lady Ælswith said, "I am trying to do what is right for my family for the mistakes I have made. I thought you, as a woman of honour, would understand."
"I do, Lady Ælswith. And I will see to Uhtred on what I can do, as long as you accept the method Uhtred chooses to take." Lady Ælswith nodded with a smile.
"As long as there are times I am freely able to pray, and then I agree to all terms." Y/N nodded at the Lady Ælswiths words before calling Cynlæf.

She decided to take Cynlæf and Eir back to find Finan and Sihtric, but instead, she found Father Pyrlig, who informed her of what had happened while she was in the gardens. That Uhtred handed his crown over to the Lady Æthelflaed.
"I know where your fathers are." Y/N said as she pushed Cynlæf forward slightly.
"In an Alehouse?" Y/N nodded at his words, "always in an Alehouse." Cynlæf pushed open the door and scanned the area to look for his fathers. Y/N noticed the distressed look on their faces.
"That is not a happy look?" Y/N said as she squeezed Sihtrics shoulder. Sihtric shook his head as he gently stroked his daughters head.
"I forgot about yu." Finan said grumpily.
"How could you forget your wife you fool?" Y/N said with a smirk. Finan got up to kiss her on the cheek, muttering an apology.
"Get some more ale." Finan said as he nudged Osferth to get up. Y/N sat down as she looked between them all waiting for an answer.
"Do I get Cynlæf milk or ale?" Osferth called out with a smirk, making Finan turn around with a glare.
"We return to Cookham." Uhtred sat up as he looked at her, opening his arms out to take Eir from her. "Eir has yet to see the place."
"About that. I have just offered someone safe passage to come with us and we drop them off on the way." Y/N said as she looked at her husbands.
"Eadith?" Uhtred asked but she shook her head.
"No. Lady Ælswith." Y/N said.
"We need more ale." Finan said, as he got up. "Jesus Christ, woman."