3.12

Sihtric and Y/N, along with two other men, headed down the reach to the small village to gain supplies. Each of them were tired and exhausted when they reached the small village, that when they reached an Alehouse none of them could eat. Y/N stabbed the bread in her bowl, feeling completely sick. She looked at the two men around her, who just drank the ale, whispering to themselves about their failure and how they were forced to pay for provisions.
"Enough!" Sihtric said as he glared at the men. "If you want to leave. Do so. But where will you go? You have no food. No horses." The two men looked at each other. They knew it was true, but they blamed Uhtred.
"Uhtred has nothing. We have nothing. He is a slave to the crown and not himself." One man said.
"He's got a valid point." Y/N said as she drank her ale. Sihtric scrunched up his face in distaste.
"Uhtred knows that." Y/N said, looking at the two men. "He knows what he has lost, but." She said, pointing her finger at them. "He has always kept you safe. He has never forced you to fight or stay. Yes, he lost a battle, but compared to how many?" Y/N looked back at her husband. A smirk formed on her face.
"Besides. If you leave, I will personally cut of your cock and turn you into a woman, since you lack logic and compassion" Y/N made a sarcastic grin to them holding out her hands, telling them to give up their rings so Sihtric could sell the rest of bits of food.

Y/N got up from the table to head out to the village to find some medicines for their injuries and any spare bits of fabric that she could find. Anything would do at this point, but she had to be careful of how she bargained the cost.
"How about I give you three and..." Y/N whispered carefully a playfully look in her eyes as she beckoned the man forward before she pulled out a dagger to the man's throat who nodded. Y/N placed the coins in the man's hand with triumphant before walking off.
"Did you have to threaten them?" Sihtric scolded as he played with the arm ring in his hand.
"I could have seduced him more if it pleases you?" Y/N said sarcastically.
"I meant, Uhtreds men." Y/N hummed at Sihtrics words as he looked at the last few bits of jewellery in his hand. "We still need horses and food." Y/N scratched her head as she watched Uhtreds men talk between themselves. She shook her head and looked down at her hands, staring at the two rings on her fingers. Her wedding ring and her temporary ring that was too big for her wedding ring finger.
"No!" Sihtric stopped her as he held her hands in his. Kissing it gently.
"I have a thought. That man over there..." Y/N looked at the fat man by the stables and then back to her husband with a raised eyebrow. "Needs a woman. If I offer myself without giving him to me, will you agree?" Sihtric looked at her, not understanding what she meant.
"If I say I will meet him around the back. You will get a whore from the Alehouse who will meet him instead of me and we steal the horses." Sihtric breathed out a sigh at her plan but nodded his head. They where running out of silver and it was the only plan they now had, but he hated it.
"You will be the death of me, woman! I will tell the men to watch you closely!" Y/N nodded as she grabbed his arm to look at him, "try not to be seduced by one."
"Never!"

Y/N turned around and headed for horseman, who was watching her in amusement. Y/N brushed her hair back to show her face as she approached them.
"I need a horse. A very big horse. One that rides well." She said slowly as she placed her hands on the stable gate. The man shuffled his breeches, pulling them up slightly as he looked at her.
"I may require a second, but I only have enough for a single horse." The horseman looked at her as he nodded his head. Y/N looked around to see Uhtreds men near the area. They signalled to her that they were ready.
"If you don't have enough, what else can you offer?" Y/N walked forward towards the man with a smirk. "Myself."
"Agreed." The man said quickly as he walked forward, but Y/N put her hands in his shoulders to stop him, bringing her lips to his ear as she handed him the coin, "meet me around the back and I will come to you. I will be there. A woman must prepare herself." Sihtric appeared once the man scurried around the corner with an uncomfortable expression.
"I should kill him." Sihtric said as he grabbed her quickly to shove her onto the horse, attaching the other horse to her reigns and sending her off. The men followed after her on their horses as they left the village, hearing the shouts behind them.

"I told you it would work." Y/N said with a laugh as she looked at Sihtric when they slowed down. The two men cheered behind her at her plan. They reached enough horses for the journey even though it meant Y/N and Young Uhtred would have to share with someone, but they had the supplies.
"Yes, it did, but you nearly put yourself in harms way."Sihtric said with a glare. Y/N leaned slightly over to Sihtric, looking at his darkened face, "so did you." Sihtric nodded his head as he bought his lips to hers before kicking his horse.