2.32

Y/N sat next to Finan with Sihtric on her left as they watched Osferth. A nervous look started to form on his face.
"Yu know how to at least put it in, Osferth?" Finan amused as he passed Y/N and Sihtric the ale that came past.
"In theory, yes?" Osferth did not sound sure. Y/N almost felt bad for him. The poor monk was really struggling to understand.
"Osferth, do not do something you do not want to do?" Y/N said with a gentle smile as she drank her ale, glaring at Finan, who sat there quietly.

A frustrating silence started to hit them as Finan placed his hands on the table, watching Osferth look at his wife. A harmless smile on his face, but Finan could not help but make another comment.
"Do yu touch yourself?!" Y/N choked on her ale, looking at Finan bizarrely. "Finan!"
"It is just a question." Osferth looked between the two, nodding slowly, "sometimes."
"Do yu think about my wife?"
"Finan!" Sihtric scolded. It was not a topic Y/N wanted to know, but Osferths' reddened face gave it away.
"I swear it was once... or twice." Osferth defended. Finan and Sihtric looked at each other with shock. It only started as a joke. Finan did not expect it to turn out to be true.
"Finan, find him a woman. I will not have him think about our wife in such a way." Sihtric glared at Osferth, feeling frustrated at this news.
"I did not mean for it. It just happened." Osferth begged the blank faced woman in front of him. Y/N was completely stunned too say anything. She knew too well Osferths feelings towards her, but she did not expect those feelings.
"Jesus." Y/N said with her hand on her forehead, her eyes flickering to Sihtric, who shook his head.
"Any woman, Osferth, and I'll see what I can do." Finan said as he looked around for some women while Y/N stayed with Sihtric.

Sihtric wrapped his cloak around her shoulders as it was beginning to become colder. Y/N wished to go back to Beocca's home, but she had to wait for Finan to find Osferth a woman. As much as Y/N found it funny to watch Osferth convince the women he was a virgin, she was starting to become irritatable.
"Where is he?" Father Beocca approached the table full of laughs.
"He was last seen with the pagan witch at Coockham, and I'm not talking of the Abbess Hild. Do yu have a message for him?" Finan asked Father Beocca.
"Does he know his children are safe. Y/N has assured that." Father Beocca looked at Y/N for an answer.
"He knows they were taken. He was not best pleased." Father Beocca sat at the table, looking at Finan, "is he here?" Finan looked at Y/N, who was sat tiredly in Sihtrics arms.
"He is." Finan leaned closer, looking at his wife. "Now yu can tell me why Æthelwold is walking the streets of Winchster a free man."
"Rightly or wrongly, he has been forgiven." Father Beocca answered. An answer Finan nor Sihtric liked.
"Father, let us walk." Y/N hinted to Father Beocca, leaving her husbands with the women.
"Uh." Y/N tapped Finan sarcastically, "find your own way home."

Father Beocca followed Y/N all the way back to his door with a confused look. Y/N shook her head and went to open the door, but it was stuck.
"Thyra? Thyra, it's me, Y/N, and Beocca." Y/N frowned as she opened the door to see Thyra bleeding into a bowl.
"You're bleeding. What in the Heavens have you done. It needs to be wrapped." Beocca frantically looked around for a cloth, not realising Uhtred was at the door.
"Beocca, do not say a word, please. Uhtred is here for a good reason."  Y/N sighed as she sat down on the stool, feeling completely tired.
"What are you doing? What is he doing?" Beocca asked, noticing the bowl had started to fill with blood. It was a ritual of some sort.
"I am giving Uhtred my blood to save Ragnar."
"It is Pagan. It is heathen, Pagan, unchristian nonsense." Y/N got back up to stand in front of Thyra, watching Beoccas face change into anger.
"Did you know? Y/N DID YOU KNOW?" Beocca shouted at her. "Of course you did. You might as well be a Pagan. A heathen."
"No, no, Beocca." Thyra begged. Her free hand pulling Y/N back slightly. "If there is a chance for Ragnar to find Valhallah, then I must offer that chance. I do not dismiss your God." Beocca looked between Y/N and Thyra. His anger surpassed him as he shouted at them, blaming Y/N.
"Ragnar is my blood. You will not dismiss what my people believe." Thyra begged, "which is why you must understand."
"Beocca, we are almost done." Uhtred begged.
"Very well. Continue bleeding into a bowl. I will wait outside. I do not care to witness this."

Y/N watched Beocca slam the door shut, her eyes watered in frustration.
"I am sorry. It is not your fault Y/N." Thyra apologised, but Y/N would not hear it. She waved her hand to let her know she was going up the stairs.
"If my husbands come, tell them I've gone to bed." Y/N murmered.
"Y/N." Uhtred stood at the bottom of the stairs. "I believe I owe you an apology."
"You will say nothing to me. I will deal with you tomorrow."