3.8

The day had come to head to Bebbanburg. A journey that she felt blindfolded in. There was no plan, but she trusted her husbands intuition.
"I think we should just leave him behind." Finan muttered to Y/N, who looked over at Uhtreds son, who was determined not to speak with any of them.
"Nor do I wish to be guilt tripped this whole journey about how I am a bad father." Finan grumbled. She could feel his nerves radiating off of him. He hadn't slept all night because there was still no plan.
"Will you shut up if I kiss you." Y/N said as she placed the weapons down carefully, watching Finan walk back with his arms crossed. Y/N stood up and walked over to him, cupping his face as she kissed him, flicking her tongue at his bottom lip. She could feel the muscles in his face relax underneath her when he allowed her tongue to enter.
"All better?" She breathed out, nuzzling his nose against hers.
"I would be even better if yu would hump me." Y/N shoved him playfully, "you always want more."
"What can I say, ay Sihtric!" He called to Sihtric, who laughed. "Yu make me feel things, woman. When yur dressed as a warrior. I would happily submit!"
"Uhtreds son will not join us if you talk like that." Beocca scolded.
"I am telling the truth, Father. God's honest truth." Finan said as he kissed his cross.

Y/N laughed as she sat beside Sihtric when she saw Uhtred approach with his son. Sihtric kissed her temple and offered her a small smile.
"Get yur saintly arse on the bench, Osferth!" Finan shouted as Osferth tried to find a seat, causing Sihtric to laugh.
"He gets sick travelling backwards." Sihtrics said sarcastically to Uhtred.
"I do not." Osferth grumbled as he sat down next to Finan as he sat the other way, "I just like to see where we are going."
"But you know where we are going." Y/N said with a laugh as she watched Osferth in amusement.
"Let's go!" Uhtred called.

The men started to pull with enthusiasm across the sea, feeling lively until the sea became harsh. Each and every one of them struggled. Finan had his head buried in his knees as the harsh sea reminded him of Iceland. Y/N and Beocca had continuously thrown up for some time that they sat away from each other, knowing if one threw up, so would the other, while Sihtric tried to get the three of them to drink.
"We will be there soon." Sihtric crouched down to her, looking between the three sickly people.
"How come, Osferth is fine?!" Y/N pointed as she looked at Osferth. Sihtric pulled her face back to face his as he slapped her cheeks gently, trying to keep her eyes focused on one thing.
"It is a suprise." Sihtric said with a laugh as his fingers brushed her cheek.
"Ràn is a vixen. This should settle her." Uhtred called out to them.
"It might." Sihtric mumbled as he handed her his water.
"Ràn is Pagan lies. I pity you for believing it." Y/N tilted her head towards Young Uhtred. It was the first time he had spoken during the journey.
"Finan! Give him something to do." Uhtred said as Finan got up, stumbling over to him.
"I am I the bait?" Young Uhtred asked, "from the plan you are hiding from me?"
"Well, actually, I have a good plan now!" Y/N pipped up, causing her husbands to sigh. "No. No. It does not involve me. It involves you, Oswald." Uhtred nodded at her to speak.
"Find a set of Monks who are going on a pilgrimage to Bebbanburg. Send, Oswald, your son, with those Monks to open the gates."
"It's not a bad shout." Finan said as he looked at his wife. "Nothing will happen to him, nor should it. If we find tainted Monks." Y/N looked at Osferth with a grin, who looked at Finan and Sihtric for help.
"What is the original reason to drag me here." Young Uhtred spoke up again, interrupting Y/Ns speech.

Y/N slapped Sihtrics leg with a grin on her face, feeling chuffed at her in put.
"If it will work." Sihtric gave her a look that told her not to get too excited.
"It will! And when it does..." Y/N looked at him with a light smirk. Sihtric lifted up her chin with a smirk, "I will reward you." Y/N looked back at Finan, who was whispering something to Uhtred. She could see by the look on Uhtreds face that he was conflicted. His own son still produced obstacles, and he was doing everything in his power to make it difficult to forgive his father.
"We are near, Grimsby." Beocca looked up as he saw the docks from up ahead. "You are going to have to get rid of your hair."
"Why?" Sihtric asked Beocca.
"Your wife is a woman and Grimsby..."
"Is a whorehouse of a place." Y/N interrupted. "It's the halfway point where Priests come to repent." Sihtric eyed Y/N and Beoccas amused face, not trusting them.
"Uh. What are yu doing?" Finan called as he watched Sihtric take a knife to his wife's hair.
"It is safer for her." Uhtred said, "or them." The group chuckled at Uhtreds words, knowing the citizens would lose face if they saw the wrath of a woman.