2.12

Thyra and Father Beocca arrived at Dunholm to pass on a message to Uhtred from Alfred. Y/N was grateful to see Thyra again, who informed her that Uhtreds children were safe in Wessex. She was relieved that the children were well, although the news made her slightly uncomfortable, and Thyra knew that. She noticed it.
"You lost the child." Thyra said, hugging her. Finan and Sihtric watched the two interact, sceptical of their interactions.
"You saw." Thyra nodded.
"I could not tell you." Thyra apologised. "I knew you would be released from it in the end." Y/N grimaced, she wished she was told. She wished Thyra had told her.
"Something else is wrong? What has happened?" Thyra asked. Y/N looked back at her husbands with a laugh. Sihtric and Finan frowned at the interaction. As much as they appreciate Thyra, they couldn't help but feel that Tyra made Y/N a lot more worried and paranoid.
"They are grumpy. As you can expect. I was cursed." Y/N pointed at Sihtric before Finan. "Sihtric has been tormented by my suffering. Finan hates the journey north. And that is the life of a warrior." Thyra laughed. It was true. The life of a warrior leads a different path than to normal.
"See to your brother, Ragnar." Y/N said goodbye to Thyra, heading back to her grumpy looking husbands.
"What is the matter with you?" Y/N asked, ruffling Finans hair. She knew they were going to ask about what they spoke about. They wondered if Thyra had told her anymore visions.
"What did she say." Sihtric looked as his wife. Not noticing any discomfort on her face.
"That. You Sihtric are getting more and more grumpier by the day." Sihtric rolled his eyes, handing her a plate.
"She has a point." Uhtred said as he cleaned his sword, preparing for the upcoming battle they were to fight in.

Y/N sat on Finans lap, eating the plate of food.
"Why does Sihtric's face look like a teapot funeral?" Osferth asked, causing Y/N to choke on her food.
"A what?" Y/N asked, laughing. It was the funniest thing she had heard in a long time. "What's a teapot funeral?"
"I am not grumpy." Sihtric said, watching his wife clutch her stomach in humour. Repeating Osferths words.
"Though yu are Sihtric."
"I am not." Y/N waved her hands, trying to breathe and form a sentence.
"Sihtric will be fine when I hump him." Uhtred laughed at Y/Ns words, suggesting it was a good idea. Although Sihtric rolled his eyes again at her comment, causing her to glare at him. She knew he was still wary that she had not broken the curse but did not say anything in case he was wrong.
"Finan. Y/N." Father Beocca approached them, causing the two to stand up, to greet him.
"Osferth. Dane boy, looks like a rat." Father Beocca said, annoying Sihtric.
"I am Sihtric." Sihtric was clearly not amused.
"Father Beocca. Leave my husband alone. He's grumpy as it is." Father Beocca laughed at Y/N.
"Have you tried humping him. That might help."
"I am not grumpy." Sihtric said slowly, causing them all to chuckle.
"Alright, I got it." Y/N said. "Finan your up. Sihtric doesn't want to do it." Finan chuckled, pulling her close to him, whispering."Be careful with him." Father Beocca laughed at the two before asking to speak to Uhtred. Finan nodded, grabbing Sihtric.
"Sit yurself down, Father. We all need to piss."

The four of them walked around, trying to think of something to do, to pass time. When Y/N decided, now was a good time to talk to Finan. To suggest a plan to stop them from waging a war on Wessex.
"Fin?!" Finan hummed, looking at her curiously. "What are we going to do? We can not fight Wessex." Finan sighed, not wanting to talk about again.
"Look. Thyra and Father Beocca are here for a good reason. And one good reason for that." Y/N turned around, placing her back against the wall. "To persuade Uhtred to return to Wessex. Though it may not be enough. When he and the rest of us are banished warriors." Finan nodded his head. Agreeing with her.
"And like Sihtric said to me yesterday. They are warriors who will turn on each other once they gain wealth." Y/N added. It was true. They would turn on each other as neither of them were sworn to each other.
"Finan. I can not keep sending our wife to her grave. This is gone on too far." Sihtric spoke, causing Y/N to roll her eyes.
"Uhtred will not take that as a reason."
"Sihtric is right, though. We spend too much time fighting. And for what. Banishment. Dishonour. Curses." Finan scratched his beard, hating the situation.
"Doesn't the Lord Uhtred come from Bebbanburg." Osferth spoke up, from the deafening silence. The three of them stared at Osferth with a surprised look. An idea they did not think of.

Finan clasped his hand, turning back to Uhtred. They finally had an idea, and it was all thanks to Osferth. When they reached, Uhtred, who was sat quietly alone. His face showed conflict from whatever news he received. Once they sat down, Uhtred spoke up, telling Finan to say nothing.
"I won't as much fart in your direction, Lord. I'll simply say to Sihtric here that this great army we're supposedly gathering can never hold." Sithric sighed as his name was mentioned. Y/N started to feel bad for her husband.
"Agreed." Sihtric replied, staring at the cup in front of him.
"I'll mention to Osferth that I did not come north, only to turn and march south."
"Nor me, Finan." Osferth agreed. Knowing they had to convince Uhtred.
"Lord. I will follow you wherever I go, but I have a wife. I can not keep risking Y/N's life." Sihtric interrupted Finan. "And men like Hæsten and Bloodhair are no better than Kjartan." Finan agreed with Sihtric.
"If the north is yur home, yur birth right, then why are we not looking towards Bebbanburg. Now, that is a fight we can believe in." The three of them nodded awkwardly. Watching Uhtred shake his head at their idea.
"Uhtred I am begging yu, as yur friend. Do not do this. We should leave this place." Finan knew Uhtred would not agree to abandoning his brother, but he had to say it. It was the right thing to do. Even if it meant Uhtred would have to fight for his freedom.