5.14

Who would have thought they would be heading for Bebbanburg all over again, but that was not what suprised Y/N the most, it was the fact King Edward joined them in the end. Y/N looked beside her to smile at her daughter, it would be the start of a new era.
"We confront the Scottish King on the road! We break his alliance to Lord Æthelhelm and make a bargain for Ælflaeds daughter. We retain Northumbria for the Saxon people!" Uhtred shouted. Finan looked at his wife yanking her down to kiss her, "yu and yur mad bastard plans. TO BEBBANBURG!"

Half way along the road to Bebbanburg they found Cynlæf appeared with a battered face. Y/N kicked her horse riding closer to see him.
"Cynlæf you're late." Uhtred scolded.
"Lord, I had a momentous journey, so much to tell. First I found myself lost by the broken bridge in-"
"No! No, not the time, Cynlæf." Finan said, waving his finger at him.
"What news do you bring?" Uhtred asked. Cynlæf explained that he saw Constantins men on the boarder when he was heading to Scotland to find Ælfwynn but it was impossible to reach. Edward thought about it but decided to keep heading North for the time being.
"You and your journeys." Y/N scolded.
"I thought I would come back to protect you, just in case." Cynlæf joked, making Y/N roll her eyes.
"Where is Eir?" Cynlæf asked, "I heard she was with you."
"With Young Uhtreds in a Monastrey." Finan grumbled, making Y/N and Sihtric chuckle. Y/N leaned over to Cynlæf, whispering, "we told your father, Eir got married to Young Uhtred. Go along with it."
"W-what happened between Eir and Æthelstan?" Y/N shrugged at her son's words.
"Y/N you better be calculating a plan." Uhtred said with a smirk.
"I will try, Lord." Y/N said with a smirk.
"Preferably not stupid and dangerous." Sihtric said.
"And not yu whoring through the guards of Bebbanburg either." Finan said with a smirk. Y/N laughed, that was her poor suggestion many years ago and now she had the chance to think of a good one.

It wasn't until she reached the camp that she had an idea, it was slightly risky, but they needed an extra hand for support.
"Get Uhtred. She has an idea!" Finan said as he nudged Sihtric with a smirk.
"I don't know if it will work, but it is a thought." Y/N said as she walked up to find Uhtred her husband's and Cynlæf trailing behind her. Uhtred looked at her from the tent a smile across his face as he waited for her to speak.
"Hild!" Y/N said. Making them all frown.
"Uh what is yur sister got to do with Bebbanburg?" Finan said.
"Hild is an Abbess. If she brings some nuns onto the shore of Bebbanburg and distract your cousin while we get in. That's as far as I've got, but I think only a small amount of us should sneak in, but I do not know Bebbanburg, so the rest is up to you." Y/N looked at them with a confused look, "what?"
"You actually made a solid plan." Sihtric stated.
"Yes, but she's right. We need to find a way of getting in before Constantin gets there before us." Uhtred said. He thought for a moment before agreeing, "send the scouts to keep watch on the sea. I will deal with the rest."

Y/N spent the next to days training with a sword to keep her strength up, whilst they strengthened their plan.
"You are back early." Y/N greeted Sihtric who came back with the scouts.
"Constantin is already inside Bebbanburg." Sihtric said as he climbed off of his horse, walking up to her. Y/N shrugged, it would not ruin there plan, but it may set them back.
"Do not worry." Y/N said as she she pulled him down to kiss her.
"We need to tell Uhtred." Sihtric whispered, as he kissed her once more. Y/N nodded, looking over his shoulder to see Finan and Uhtred had already appeared. Sihtric explained the news but Uhtred suggested the same thing as Y/N, they will still have another way.
"Have you told the King?" Uhtred asked Sihtric. It seemed the King was determined to act impulsively again. Lord Aldhelm approached apologeticically, he blamed himself for suggesting they delay by a day.
"You are not at fault. Much of this is judgement and we misjudged it." Uhtred said to him, as he looked at them all. They were all nervous but the King was more nervous, this was all of their last chance to attempt it.
"How many in the boat?" Edward questioned.
"Only a household guard." Sihtric answered.
"Do not assume it is a sign. We simply make another plan." Uhtred stated.
"It is a sign we should attack. Before his army arrives-"
"No." Uhtred interrupted.
"It seems your wife is thinking again." Prylig said with a smile.
"Ay. Ay. Do not doubt our wife. She has great ideas at the moment." Finan stated.
"Keep the plan the same, but we may need an extra priest." Y/N said. Uhtred looked at her before turning to Edward, "Y/N is right. We will leave with a few of my men. Wait until you have word from us. We shall get Ælfwynn out of the fortress then you can attack."
"The sea gate, lord?" Sihtric questioned nervously. That was their fall back plan if all else failed.
"No. Another way. There is a route to Bebbanburg... It cannot take an army not even half a dozen men, but a tiny number may work." Uhtred looked at the three of them with a smirk. They always worked better as a four.
"What happens when this tiny number meets the Household Guard of Bebbanburg?" Edward questioned.
"Pyrlig? Are you strong enough to join us?" Uhtred asked.
"Are you strong enough to stop me?" Pyrlig agreed.
"Lord, let me be a part of this. Whatever the danger, I am man enough to face it." Cynlæf asked. Really desperately trying to prove himself.
"Four and a priest is the number thats always served us well in the past. We're not changing it now." Finan stated.
"Your father's right. It always works better this way." Y/N said with a small smile.
"Then what's the priest for?" Cynlæf asked.
"For good luck.x