History Defining

Quick author's note  (there is a chapter after this little bit)

So, people said they'd like me to do the music so I've started making some playlist, I'll add more to them but I link them all here, on Spotify. I can tell you which one I'd recommend listening to for each chapter. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37AEmqm2bmfbWOJyAbYc6F?si=9d74ce050a80488c   ---> the lionesses joint playlist (the one I would recommended listening to for this chapter)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3hlwq90oGKKspwrGeAn1hE?si=67a1c5f6fb8845e7 ---> Kameron's playlist, a bit of a sad one

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3T3K4IIC7nQXJwofFl4Ogf?si=26126ba763fe46c9 ---> the playlist Leah made for/about Kameron

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6pArySYHSH29OtoSw4xYwC?si=6a0ce4a1e6b04492 ---> the vibes I imagine from when they were younger and all the fun and how new and fresh everything was

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2dKYAtknAtf6hptQ7r5jo2?si=4289f6772c79445a ---> a playlist with the vibes from when they split and all the distance between them 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7GxEi2gwlSvY6Z6Q5drmB3?si=8f1c0ca5c6c249cd ---> a playlist with Kam and Leah's vibe, a cute little one. I had to put Stand By Me because that's the book, thought it was just fitting

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3YchqOeLLWjFS2cKaHTxW4?si=31c3f6a52618488a ---> Kam's car playlist, but I'd call it Kameron's happier playlist

I didn't think one playlist could work well as there are so many different emotions in this book, so yeah. I hope you enjoy them, please leave some comments or any songs you would like put on them.

Now on with the chapter....

Kameron's POV

Today was our first game, the first game of the whole Euros. The opening match.

We were playing Austria at Old Trafford.

It was a long coach journey so we put on the collaborative team playlist, normally Leah just made the playlist but Jill had decided she too wanted to get in on the action. It may have taken some convincing but after everyone begged Leah, including me, she finally agreed. 

So, last night we decided to make a massive joint playlist, the only rule being, that there couldn't be sad music. Good vibes only, as Jill had instructed. And there was a bit of everything on there, of course all the team classics, we always screamed along to like ABBA and Oasis but then there were a few peculiar choices. Ella had added some Disney, which honest I wasn't mad about, though Alessia had given her some grief over it. There were also some very random, yet amazing karaoke songs. We even got Sarina to add a couple. 

So, as we drove to Old Trafford we listened to that, most of our nervous energy disappearing as we all sung our karaoke, Jill of course standing up, dancing in typical Jill style. 

Playing at Old Trafford felt like a whole loop, life was full of circles I'd come to notice, it was where I used to play every so often on the Manchester United team, the first ever team I'd devoted myself to and now I was going back, almost like I was returning home. 

I was sitting next to Leah who was working intently on her Sudoku book, it made me laugh, she was so much a little old lady, I can't imagine what she'd be like when she was truly old. 

We hadn't told all of the girls about us, but it wasn't necessary. Leah had told Keira who was overjoyed about it, but other than that, we were just going to let people figure out everything for themselves. Making an announcement felt unnecessary and uncomfortable.