1 ✦ Romance in the City of Wind ♥︎

✦

Our story begins after the events of Mondstadt's storyline. Traveler and Paimon travel to Liyue Harbor for the first time but they return for a few days to Mondstadt to check on their friends.

* Note that my story will not follow the game's storyline identically. (Lumine has no idea where her brother is still*)

HEY.

"Hey wake up!!"

The small floating fairy-like creature tugged at the sleeve of my white laced nightwear. A small satin pastel pink bow adorned the center-front.

"Ugh.. I swear Traveler you sleep like the dead."
I opened my eyes suddenly and sat up in a panic panting frantically. Paimon screeched and went flying backwards hitting the stone floor.
"Sheesh!!! You scared the freakin' flying slimes out of me!! Who even wakes up like that!!!" She stared bewildered with her hands on each side of her waist as she hovered back into the air.

"Now that you mentioned it I'm surprised I'm not dead from these dreams yet." I responded sleepily.

"Another nightmare huh?..."

I let out a long frustrated groggy sigh and got up, heading towards the shower. Conveniently, my room at the Favonius headquarters was connected to my own personal bathroom and shower.

"Well Paimon's gonna go grab some breakfast!"

A little drool hung from her mouth as she floated away lost in her food reverie.

"Hey Paimon! Can you grab me a Teyvat fried egg and an order of Tea Break Pancakes? Oh and a Berry Mint Burst please!" I shouted from the stoned-walled shower. Soft morning sunlight peeked through a small window in the corner of the washroom decorated with white transparent lace curtains.

Her high pitch little voice trailed off "Kay!!!" "OOH! Heheh.. Paimon's gonna have a serving of Pile em' Up and.. and.. "

I shook my head under the pouring boiling hot water. If Paimon was an archon... would she be the archon of food? I thought with one raised eyebrow.

I had started taking showers to the point it would burn my skin to feel anything but the anxiety these dreams left me. When I had mentioned it over drinks with the others at Angel's Share, Kaeya had raised an eyebrow with a cocky smirk

"I didn't take you for the masochist type, Traveler..."