15 ✦ Spellbound

XIAO SLOWLY peeled his eyes open

XIAO SLOWLY peeled his eyes open. Early sunlight was just beginning to peek through the skies. He blinked a few times in surprise and he lightly leaned his head backwards startled as he noticed he had fallen asleep and was laying on his side facing Lumine, only a few inches from her.

Her golden hair shimmered lightly in the bedroom still submerged in dark hues of blues. He looked down and his mouth opened in surprise. She was sound asleep in a foetus position with her face an inch from his chest and her hands were holding on to his shirt.

It was probably one of the most adorable things he had seen in a thousand years. Even the mighty illuminated Conqueror of Demons could get flustered at times as his face lightly fell hot for a moment.

She looked fragile and pretty with her blonde locks sprawled out a little messy across her face. Paimon was sound asleep cuddled against Lumine's back.

He lifted the arm he was laying on very gently and quietly not to wake her and bent it in a comfortable angle to rest his head against it, with his elbow pointing outwards. He allowed himself to gaze at her quietly for a moment and frowned as the starry scent engulfed him.

It seemed like even with his demon locked away this still caused him somewhat of a struggle. The desperate urges to bite at her and eat at her dreams were no longer part of him, thankfully, but unfortunately, that did not temper a different type of urge inside him — so to speak, and he was now painfully aware that due to this, it was now concrete evidence that his feelings weren't influenced by Shanxiao's cravings but....by his own.

Hesitantly, like she was an illusion that could fade from any sudden movement, a soul too beautiful to be real, his fingers reached slowly towards her face and he ever so gently — as if she was made of glass, stroked a strand of her hair out of her face.

Her pale skin and rosy lips were complimented by the white shimmer in her blonde hair. In the darkness of the room she looked like a porcelain doll.

He wanted to trail his finger down her face and her lips but he would never touch a sleeping woman so familiarly, especially one whom he hadn't confessed any feelings to.

If he ever had any hope of brushing his fingertips against her, he would have to come forth and break the comfortable world that their unique bond lived in, and he felt hesitant to potentially damage their friendship.

If her feelings weren't the same, everything they share now could never go back to the way it was, however if he didn't take a leap and take a chance, he might lose an opportunity that probably would never show itself again for who knew how many centuries.

He wasn't the type to approach anyone especially since the loss of his beloved a thousand years ago. He preferred to keep to himself and accept his faithful punishment that the stars aligned for him.