44 ✦ The Unknown Variable

*As you all know I'm going to mainly skip the game story's quests at times to focus on other details. So we will fast forward a little bit Sumeru's story. I'll also change it up as per usual.

A few days had elapsed since Lumine and Paimon's arrival in Ghandarvaville

A few days had elapsed since Lumine and Paimon's arrival in Ghandarvaville. Childe had remained the next two days with her until she was cleared by Tighnari to leave. He then returned to Liyue for work, and Lumine finally made her way to Sumeru City. On the way there, Paimon explained more about Lesser lord Kusanali and Greater Lord Rukkhadevata based on the book she'd been reading.

It had taken a few days to settle in to Sumeru City. The bustling city and its many districts took some time familiarizing themselves with. First they visited the Grand Bazaar, the Zubayr Theatre, Treasures Street and a few of the taverns and restaurants. After obtaining the Akasha Terminal, unfortunately to her disappointment, there was nothing the knowledge system the Akasha Terminal could grant them about the Dendro Archon.  In those passing days, they became acquainted with Dunyarzad, Dehya and Nilou.

Lumine sighed dreadfully after having spent another few hours going around Sumeru City trying to obtain any kind of information on the Dendro Archon. They bad planned to meet Dehya in a cafe shop today to have coffee and play TCG.

"Alright. We gotta go meet Dehya. That's enough for today's search." She sighed dreadfully.

"Yay! Puspa cafe!! Let's play some TCG!" Paimon clapped her hands excitedly. "Paimon has been collecting NEW cards by the way, HEHE!"

Lumine smiled as they entered the cafe's brightly decorated interior. The entrance had large arabian red vases and the floor was covered in multicoloured carpets. The ceiling and walls bore glass-stained windows in shades of greens and blues and the cafe's tables were busied with people eating and playing TCG. The smell of freshly roasted Arabian coffee beans filled the air.

"When did you get the time to get all these new cards anyway?" She looked at Paimon surprised and Dehya waved them over at her table.

"Every time the Traveler runs away to be smoochy with Childe!" Paimon said proudly.
"Gah. I-it's not to be smoochy!" She crossed her arms.

"Smoochy??" Dehya repeated, overhearing them as they approached the table.

"Ignore Paimon." Lumine exhaled placing a finger to the side of her forehead, rubbing it like she had a headache. A waitress approached their table with a smile. "Welcome to Puspa Cafe! What can I get you started with?"

"Oh!! Paimon would like some Baklava!!! OH and candied Ajilenakh Nuts!!" She spoke excitedly. "I'll have the same with coffee. Which is your best seller for coffee?" Lumine inquired.

"Ah. Our best sellers are the Aranara coffee, the Akademiya Espresso shot or the Desert-Dweller!"

"Desert-Dweller allllll the way." Dehya smiled confidently.