12 ✦ Moonlight Yaksha

IT WAS 8:30 PM

IT WAS 8:30 PM. Xiao confirmed the time one more time with the reception desk before returning to sit on a sofa in the lounge area of the guest house.

Maybe she changed her mind or forgot.

Xiao could sense Lumine's signature energy from inside the guesthouse but he decided to wait a while. After a few more mins he saw her run out of an elevator as she ran right passed him in a hurry. She wore a white dress that stopped above her knees and the back was tied in criss cross with a ribbon. The top of the dress was tight around her chest and fell loose from the bottom down. He teleported outside next to her.

"You're late."

She jumped at his voice and panted.

"I'm so sorry...I fell asleep and I woke up much later than I intended."

She bowed apologetically. Xiao snorted.

"Come now there's no need for these formalities."

He pulled her up.

"If anything after the way you helped us with Osial I should be the one bowing and thanking you."

Her mouth dropped in shock.

"Th-that's crazy! You're the Conqueror of Demons." She spoke nervously.

There is it again. That uncomfortable energy.

"So. You wished to speak with me today... May I inquire if this has to do with anything I may have done to.. upset you?"

She looked at him with an awkward smile.

"Ah...are you reading my energy again?"

He looked away for a brief moment.

"So, you are upset then?"

She let out a long sigh.

"I'm not upset at all. Also I was thinking we could go talk in Guyun Stone Forest. If that's alright with you?"

Xiao felt the sudden urge to tease her.

"By the time we get there it'll be the morning. It's also pretty dark out there at night."

He looked at her incredulous. She began to stutter her words.

"O-oh.. I-I thought you'd be a-able to teleport there. I'm so sorry I'm so stu- "

Xiao grabbed her arm without a word and they instantly appeared on a small sandy island located in Guyun Stone Forest. A large sandbearer tree stood at its center on a patch of grass and patches of sand extended from the island all around further into the ocean.