33 ✦ The Sealing

THE HARBINGER slowly stepped out of water in a tight white t shirt

The wet shirt that clung to his skin like a film revealed a perfectly sculpted set of abs along with a flawless chest and arms. The water trickled down his face and neck and wet hair stuck to his face. He slowly began to pull the wet shirt over his head and turned towards Lumine with eyes full of lust.

"Come here." He commanded.

Lumine's eyes flashed open. She grimaced at the bedroom ceiling and looked to her side. Paimon wasn't there. "Ugh... not again.." she breathed.
She placed a hand to her forehead followed with an aggravated sigh.

Today was the third day in a row that she's had suggestive dreams of Childe and she began to wonder if she was potentially broken ever since he had kissed her.  At this point she would believe anything. Was it possible to go insane from ignoring feelings for too long? The whole thing left her feeling a little disappointed in herself. Of all the people she could've built feelings for, why did it have to be a Fatui Harbinger of all things?

"You're up! You were mumbling all sorts of things. Seems like you had a nice dream!"

Paimon spoke cheerfully.

"No!" Lumine retorted in a pout while rubbing her eyes.

"Huh?....Oh...Paimon could've sworn it was a good dream..  hmm, aren't you and Childe all kissy kissy now though?"

"HUH. What's he gotta do with my dreams?!"

She squinted at Paimon.

"You mumbled his name."

Paimon shrugged casually and took another bite of the breakfast she had ordered from room service. The Traveler made a face and turned red in humiliation.

For the past few days she had been getting herself ready to help seal Akatsuko with Miko's coaching about what to expect and she dreaded having to kiss him again.

It even terrified her a little. She was afraid that with his mind controlling spells it would make her look like she really did want to kiss him and, even though she technically would want to, she knew it would be fake, but that didn't stop her from worrying that it might have a negative effect on Childe witnessing it all for the second time.

He had insisted on being there but hidden out of sight. She prayed it would hopefully just be a normal kiss and they could get it over with quickly.

Terrifyingly so, today was the day they planned on sealing him. After waking up and washing up, she threw some things into her backpack and opened the door. 

She found Childe standing there about to knock.

"Oh." He smiled.

She looked up at him and her heart leaped inside her chest remembering the dream.