35 ✦ The 4th

"QUITE AN INTERESTING companion Tartaglia has chosen for himself

"QUITE AN INTERESTING companion Tartaglia has chosen for himself."

The fully tattooed Fatui agent looked up at the woman from his device screen with wary eyes.

"Eh— What do you mean?" Javert replies as casually as possible.

"Mmm." The white haired woman hums in thought. "Playing dumb are we?" She replies in an uninterested tone and Javert tilts his head sideways to crack his neck.

"Babe, Childe has a lot of companions, per se, so you're going to have to be a lot less vague." He swipes at his device.

"I saw him in Fontaine the other night. With the Traveler."

"In Fontaine???" Javert sets down his device and looks up at her with a weird face. "Wait, with who?" His voice hits a high octave.

"What the hell was he even doing all the way out there??"

"Dining."

"Wow.. he didn't even invite me." He mumbles and she stares at him until he finally sighs.

"Alright so who are you talking about?"

The fourth Harbinger's lips curve up in a vindictive smile.

"You know that's what I like about you. Loyal to the very end. You're a role model."

Her voice is calm but there's a note of darkness to it and the hairs on Javert's arms stand up.

"Come on.. don't.. do that. Even if he was, do you really care that much?" He finally says after a few seconds and rubs his face tiredly.

The previous day had been a very long day at work. They had set up a Fatui camp and ironically, since Lumine was in Liyue for a few days to spend time with Childe, she had come across their camp and he had to pretend to fight her and let her kick his ass and all the other agents. Because there was no way in hell he was going to seriously fight his bestfriends love interest.

Her black and red eyes rest on his eyes for a moment and she purses her lips thoughtfully.

"I don't. But his interest in her has piqued my curiosity I admit. I'm looking forward to the day I get to meet the woman who's distracting Tartaglia from his duties."

"Well... whoever she is it sounds like she's good for him." He shrugs.

"Hmm. I know that you know her. In fact I can tell that's where you got that bruise." She pauses and points at the huge black and blue bruise on his shoulder. He looks down at it with a frown.

"Wait as in THAT Traveler?"

"As I've said, your loyalty is one of your best assets." She smiles.

The long white haired Harbinger climbs on top of Javert, takes the device out of his lap and sets it on the table next to the sofa armchair. Resting her arms around his neck, she leans over and kisses him gently.