19 ✦ Ai to kaze to kōri to

NIGHT HAD FALLEN on the far eastern archipelago and moonlight painted the cherry blossoms and maple trees

NIGHT HAD FALLEN on the far eastern archipelago and moonlight painted the cherry blossoms and maple trees. The white haired samurai ran silently through the forest. Fluorescent blue flowers lightly swayed to the side as he dashed passed them.

Only the sound of crickets, croaking frogs and the occasional foliage bristling caused by animals could be heard in Chinju Forest at night

Only the sound of crickets, croaking frogs and the occasional foliage bristling caused by animals could be heard in Chinju Forest at night. A fox jumped out of his way as he swept by quietly.

Kazuha, in part due to his elemental skills but also thanks to his intense training — could run soundlessly. To become a samurai, one must first master the arts of shinobi no jutsu, and the art of quiet movement was as natural to him as dancing with the winds.

Passing Mt. Yugou he slowed down his running as he reached a large gated mansion with guards. He crouched making his way around the back, dashed up the wall in a gust of wind and landed on the ceiling on the tip of his toes without a single ruffle.

"Guard, state your routine report." A superior could be heard below.

"Yes sir! No disturbances or anomalies to report. A quiet night as of now."

The superior began making the rounds and checking on every guard around the premises. Kazuha waited for the right moment before dropping silently and sneaking passed a guard behind him.

He moved without a sound inside the large residence until he reached a hallway.

He went down and stopped at the two large sliding doors. He slid them open very quietly and proceeded to close them just as quietly. He removed his shoes and placed them neatly by the side of the door.

"I have arrived."

A woman's gasp was heard behind a folding screen that bore a beautiful eastern painting and Sakura trees.

"Ka-Kazuha?"

A beautiful and surprised voice inquired as the woman looked from behind the folding screen timidly. Hair the colour of ice and moonlight fell across the side of her face and down her shoulder.