32 ✦ The Curse-breaking Kiss

THE PRIESTESS crossed her arms in reflection

THE PRIESTESS crossed her arms in reflection. Her pair hair swayed lightly in the wind. Sakura petals flew by and the fox priestess's ears flickered lightly.

"You sure have a knack for attracting the dark and twisted type Traveler." She muttered quietly in thought.

The blonde Traveler looked away uncomfortably and cleared her throat. She glanced at the Sacred Tree of the Grand Narukami Shrine for a moment before returning her gaze towards Miko.

"Is there any way to break it?"

Yae had her hand held against her mouth in deep contemplation. Her purple eyes narrowed and she let out a breath of disbelief.

"There is. However I can't tell you."

"What?!?" Lumine and Paimon exclaimed in unison.

"Why not???" Paimon shouted.

"I'm afraid it's one of those cruel curses. Which is exactly why it's forbidden knowledge...that insect Akatsuko never did hold any respect for the natural path of life.." she sighed. "If I tell you the answer, not only will you attempt it, but it won't work.. eradicating any chances for you to break it... ever." She shook her face gravely at Lumine who was about to protest.

"It will only work if it happens naturally."
She looked at her with sad eyes.

"Isn't there anything you can hint? At all??" Lumine asked her voice drenched in panic.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life fake in love with that....asshole." She breathed like she couldn't believe what she was saying.

"The only advice I can give you now... is to tell those you care for what they mean to you. Before it's too late." She looked at her with stern eyes. She had never seen Yae Miko act so serious. She hadn't cracked a single smirk or mysterious joke. It was so unlike her character. If even Yae Miko took this seriously.. this was more grave than she had thought.

"However.. I would speak with the Harbinger. To see if there's anything else I could perhaps find out..."

"Childe? Oh, sure..." Lumine responded feeling despair.

"What about signs? Will there be like symptoms or something that I can keep an eye out for? I would like to at least be ready."

"I'm afraid by the time these signs take over you won't even realize it.. lest it is the reason why it's a forbidden spell. It'll become like an obsession. You'll always be thinking of him but you won't realize."

"Am I gonna stop...traveling over Teyvat to find my brother?" She asked incredulous.

"Everything but him will cease to exist. You cannot kill him either.. you will spend your days roaming this world in search for him..."

Miko continued.

"Keeping someone who is very important and special to you close by may delay it...for some time."