24 ✦ Supernova

LUMINE STARED BACK dreadfully at her reflection in the mirror of the dresser inside the bedroom inn

LUMINE STARED BACK dreadfully at her reflection in the mirror of the dresser inside the bedroom inn. The adventurer had on a long black flowy dress that dropped all the way to her feet.

Paimon spoke with round eyes.

"Okay....maybe don't look like you're... going to a funeral?"

"Gah." Lumine mumbled incoherent words why she rummaged through her casual outfits.

"I don't want to look too....you know. But I don't want to look like I hate him either."

"Paimon thinks your usual white and pink casual looks are great, no??"

The Traveler and Paimon were both staring at her in the mirror in anxiety. This was it.

This is date night with the Harbinger.

The plan was to go along with the date, and probably go on more dates, and just follow the flow, so she could eventually build a fake bond with him and gain his trust to get her brother out of wherever he had sneaked her in.

"Is this a bad idea? This is a bad idea. It's a bad idea isn't it??? What if I have to ki— oh archons... I don't know if I can fake something like that."

She turned pale as snow and sat down on a chair while her hands fidgeted with a random object on the table facing her.

"Uhhhhh.... Well...just...pretend its......Xiao?"

Paimon fell deeply into thought as Lumine undressed and started throwing clothes around frantically.

"I can't just PRETEND he's Xiao. That's— that's awful!!!"

She threw a blouse behind her head and it flew across the room hitting Paimon in the face, sending her on the bed.

"GEEZ WOULD YOU CALM DOWN!!"

She pulled the blouse from over her face and flinged it to the side. She flew passed Lumine into the open wardrobe and pulled out a pink strap top with black buttons and little lace designs on the straps. She threw it at Lumine which was followed by a white pleated skirt.

"Just wear that. Sheesh. Paimon thinks the adventurer is overthinking."

Lumine looked at it as if this had been a simple solution and she had tried to take a complicated turn around it. Her shoulders slumped.

"You're right.. why am I panicking."

"Well to be honest Paimon would panic too if Paimon had to go on a date with a Harbinger but... Paimon thinks the Traveler should just try to have fun while they're at it?"

Lumine turned to shoot her a delirious look.

"FUN???"

The words Javert had said to her earlier that morning echoed into her mind.