23 ✦ I've Got 99 Problems & A Harbinger Is One

Header by artist errimyon <3

— PART ONE —

THAT MORNING Lumine woke up particularly cranky and determined to advance things with getting her brother out.

Xiao had not answered any of her calls and she had currently no time to take a boat all the way back to Liyue to face him.

Although it was something that made her feel down at times and how she wished she could see him, rescuing family came above all and she made the decision that she would do whatever she had to, to get Aether back, even if that meant diving head first into the jaws of the Fatui, or to be more specific, a Harbinger.

With every passing day, the Adepti's absence made itself more prominent inside her mind and much to her disdain, on the opposite sides of the scale, Childe's presence grew. It had now officially been a month since she had seen Xiao or heard from him, and although he meant a lot to her, she realized she had to cast him aside for the time being.

She had figured that with the dreams, this must had been some kind of signs from the gods to grab her brother and get the hell out.

After having breakfast, Lumine changed into her usual white and gold battle gear. She quietly stared back at her reflection in the bathroom's mirror with a fierce glare.

"Paimon, I have something I need to do. Are you okay staying here by yourself today?"

"What! Why can't Paimon come with you?? Wait, where are you going?!"

She looked back at Paimon with a serious glance.

"I made a decision. That I'm not really proud of. But I'll do whatever it takes to get Aether back. And..-"

"Oh...you're going to go see Childe, aren't you." She observed Lumine's face worriedly. Paimon crossed her arms and closed her eyes as she fell into thought.

"Paimon understands. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to, to get what you need. W-well... be careful!!"

"You know I can't take you inside wherever they're keeping him. Otherwise I'd take you. Being alone with him is..." she didn't finish her sentence and her face suddenly turned into a dreaded expression before she let out a sigh.

"Paimon will be here rooting for you."

"Thanks Paimon." She flashed her a smile.

She walked out of the inn while taking another look at the piece of paper that Childe handed her with the address he was staying at, that night she went out with Ayaka for shopping.

It was surprisingly not very far from where she was staying and after a 5 minute walk she stopped in front of a glamorous looking building. She stepped inside the japanese zen fusion modern lobby and went down the hall. It seemed that he was staying on the ground floor.