43 ✦ Rex Lapis' Affections

THE EMERALD HAIRED Adepti panted heavily with one knee to the ground

THE EMERALD HAIRED Adepti panted heavily with one knee to the ground. His spear planted into the ground, he used it as support to keep himself from falling over. A drop of sweat glided across the purple jewel on his forehead.

"As usual Master... you are completely unparalleled in the arts of spear fighting. I can only dream to become as skilled." Xiao said in between heavy breaths.

"Well, I do have a couple thousand years over you." Zhongli retorted with a graceful smile.

"And ever so humble.. as always." Xiao swallowed tiredly and shook his head. He panted a few more times and propped himself back up. The primordial Jade-Winged spear dissipated into tiny beads of emerald crystals.

"Well Alatus, vanity and ego is like poison for the soul. One should always strive to remain humble."

The other Adepti clapped in the background with smiles.

"Master Zhongli is so graceful." Ganyu said with eyes of admiration.

Shenhe and Cloud Retainer looked at her and both sighed in unison. They both knew how she felt about Zhongli even though she continually denied any romantic feelings.

Today was a day of sparring practice that Zhongli had arranged with the other Adepti for fun. Every weekday, they met to spar for fun in a mini tournament, until finally the last two best fighters remained for the final one-on-one.

First they would spar, then they would sit down to eat, and finally they would go to Zhongli's bath house. He owned a massive bath house deep in the mountains of Liyue that they often enjoyed together. For the Adepti, the nude human body wasn't something that made them shy or reserved. Their beast form were sacred and the human form was just a different form to them. Like wearing a different coat instead of feathers, fur or scales. The consciousness that mortals carried about nudity was not part of their world.

Some of their beast forms could've allowed to soak in the bathhouse but Zhongli's and Xiao's beast forms respectfully were much too large to do so and so—the human form is what could use. After all these years, they had gotten used to it and no longer cared.

If the mood allowed, they would go to Liyue Harbor for drinks. Xiao had never joined in the past—but as of late, he had slowly began to join them. Nobody really knew what had been the new change of personality in the originally quiet and reserved Yaksha, but they were happy to see a positive change in his life.

"You know, maybe we should invite other people to this once in a while. Could be interesting." Shenhe said to the others.

"I'd love to see Lady Ningguang fight against Master Zhongli." Ganyu said with a grin.

"That would be interesting indeed." Zhongli laughed.

"Actually I'm surprised you haven't invited over the Traveler before. Now THAT would be interesting." Cloud Retainer added. Ganyu looked over at Xiao's face worriedly but he seemed completely unbothered.