18 ✦ Dell'arte and the Wind Samurai

THE FOLLOWING MORNING when the sunlight had began to rise and coat the walls of the bedroom Lumine slowly peeled her eyes open

THE FOLLOWING MORNING when the sunlight had began to rise and coat the walls of the bedroom Lumine slowly peeled her eyes open. Paimon was always the one to go to sleep the earliest and the first one to wake up early as well.

"You're awake ! Good morning ~ " Paimon said with glee while biting into a slice of apple before continuing.

"Paimon had funny dreams last night that you were in a depressing cold frozen land wearing a white coat. And Childe was with you. So weird..." she shuddered.

Lumine stared at the ceiling frowning.

"Not really who I wanted to think about first thing waking up but okay."

"Paimon has been wondering. When are you even gonna find time to go on that date with Childe anyway? We're leaving for Inazuma today."

"I made a deal with him but... I just can't keep that deal anymore. I'm not sure what to do about this. But I don't want him to ruin any of my chances of at least locating Aether....but... I'm not sure if Xiao would be too pleased about me going on a fake date with Childe either. It's not like it's a real date but..."

The floating girl shook her head.

"Paimon's head hurts."

After breakfast, Lumine showered and got dressed and they head out for the day.

"Beidou said to meet up at the docks at 3pm."
Paimon chimed in as they walked out of the Inn.

"What should we do today while we wait?"

"I gotta stop at Childe's place I guess...to tell him this date will have to wait....until I figure out how to word this to Xiao."

Lumine bit her bottom lip as she headed for his loft.

Sign me up for a date with Xiao though.

She smiled to herself before her face dropped as she stood at the bottom of the staircase of his loft. She stood there unable to go up the stairs, a pit formed in her stomach.

"Uhhh... Traveler?" Paimon stared at her confused.

𖥸── 🤍 ──𖥸

Morning sunlight peeked through a very tiny slit in the heavy red velvet drapes that hung in Childe's bedroom. A painful groan came from his mouth as he sat up and looked around. He noticed he was in his bed fully dressed and remembered how he had one too many glasses of scotch last night.

"That Crux Black Pirate Edition whiskey is something else..." he place a hand against his temple.

Crux whiskey was renowned in Liyue for being the toughest to drink. Beidou had launched its collection along with Ningguang's marketing and strategic planning and it had naturally been a success, especially with pirates, fishermen and sailors.