27 ✦ I Hate Him A Little Less Now

THREE DAYS HAD ELAPSED since Lumine had fallen into a coma and every day the group came by to visit her while Paimon and Childe stayed by her bedside throughout the night

"So.. Paimon wouldn't normally suggest something that would make the Traveler mad but...Paimon is getting pretty desperate."

The little fae smiled awkwardly while eyeing Childe who stared at her with a question mark.

"You've got an idea?"

"Well..." she laughed in embarrassment.

"Maybe you could try..... the whole.. you know....... wake up the princess with a kiss kinda thing? Paimon heard that story so many times surely it must hold some truth to it?!" She said in a high pitch voice.

"Absolutely not." He shook his head.

"My first kiss with Lumine is gonna be because she wants it." He said in a rigid tone.

"Heh....you're probably right." She responded slowly. "Ugh it's been two days already!!! Paimon is beginning to feel really worried."

"I understand but we can't forcefully wake her up anyway...we risk damaging her brain recovery you know."

"How do you know such smart things anyway? Paimon thought all Childe knew was how to kidnap people, fight or kill. You know...like shady stuff."

"....Seriously." He shot her an annoyed stare.

"I don't go around killing for fun, I mean, why do you guys think that anyway?! I mean sure.. I love a good fight. But there's a difference between killing and fighting."

"You're a Harbinger. Of course you kill people!" Paimon said in a condescending tone.

"Says who?" He crossed his arms.

"Everyone!!" She frowned.

"You do know you could've killed the Traveler with your stupid foul legacy transformation right?! You say you were only trying to stop her but Paimon doesn't believe you one bit! What if you had seriously injured her?"

"She ran her sword through me. Not the other way around. And if I really wanted to stop her, I could've. Stop trying to find excuses."

He sighed.

"WHAT!! Paimon isn't looking for excuses!!"

"Guys, seriously? What's with all the ruckus in here?"

Thoma popped his head in through the door frame curiously. His blonde bangs fell sideways across his face.

"Ugh.. Haven't you snooped on me enough already?" Childe responded irritated and stared daggers at Thoma.

His green eyes went round and he gawked at the Harbinger in amazement.