16 ✦ Confessions

A FEW HOURS WENT BY as the afternoon slowly made it's exit and Lumine put on a traditional long style Qipao she had picked up from a shop in the Harbor's fashion district

She chose a white one with pale blue flowers that adorned one side of the dress. The trims of the dress were finished in elegant pastel blue borders. She put on comfortable low heeled white sandals that had golden straps that laced around the ankles. She had gotten her nails done in a soft translucent pink.

Art by me

Art by me

"WOW....you look so....so beautiful!"

Paimon's eyes shined as she gazed with pink cheeks.

"Paimon CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THE FOOD." She giggled like a glutton.

I nodded with a smile.

"I'm really looking forward to seeing the lantern show."

"Let's go early so Paimon can get first dibs on the food!!" She rubbed her hands.

We stepped out of the room and I walked over towards the library to find Xiao sitting on the couch staring at the unlit fireplace. He looked uncomfortable.

"You really don't wanna go.. huh?" I smiled awkwardly. "Please don't force yourself on my accord."

Xiao looked up and a memory of his lost love in a similar white dress tugged at his heart and left him breathless.

The similarities were ridiculous so much so that he just gawked at Lumine without breathing. He felt his heart beat faster than usual and swallowed slowly.

She looked so beautiful and elegant, along with the sweet star scent that eventually made it's way to him, he felt a tinge of pain throb under his left ribs.

By the Gods, the similarity between them is unheard of.

He shifted uncomfortably and looked to the side with his gaze down.