4 ✦ Vigilant Yaksha

THE NEXT FEW DAYS were very busy as we made our way to meet the adepti

THE NEXT FEW DAYS were very busy as we made our way to meet the adepti. After meeting Mountain Shaper, Moon Carver and Cloud retainer, and having to figure out riddles and puzzles of all sorts — we were headed off to our final stop to meet the last adeptus at Wangshu Inn. The night had gracefully and quietly slipped in as we finally arrived at our destination.

"Wow....."

Paimon spoke softly as we were walking up to the location.

The Inn was impressively placed atop an asymmetrical leaning crop of rock and was topped off with a massive tree with golden foliage. The entire setup was extremely impressive and a sight to behold. Something about how beautiful it looked in the moonlight squeezed my heart.

 Something about how beautiful it looked in the moonlight squeezed my heart

"I guess we should just ask at the counter...?" said Paimon.

I left Paimon behind as I wandered off lost in thoughts and made my way up the very long and impressive swirling staircase that wrapped up around the tree. 

Definitely sleeping here tonight. It's so beautiful...and peaceful.

I made my way to the main balcony entrance and entered the inn. I walked up a few flights of stairs, each taking you to a hallway with rooms.

The last floor had a hallway with only one very large entrance, which looked like it was probably a luxurious suite of some sort. I continued to the final floor at the top of the Inn.

There was a large sized wooden balcony overlooking out on a breathtaking 180 degrees sight of the Bishui Plains. It was decorated with a few plants and even had Penjing of rock formations found across Liyue on a table. It was so quiet and peaceful with nothing but a gentle breeze that I decided to let myself feel, just for a moment.

I wish I could take a picture with Aether of this view.

I squeezed a fist against my chest as the painful thoughts sneaked in. I leaned against the edge of the fencing surrounding the balcony as I let out a depressed sigh.

"Your problems will last but a few short human years."

A cold mocking voice called out from behind and above.