62 ❀ I tried to save you many times before

I TRIED TO SAVE YOU MANY TIMESBEFORE

I TRIED TO SAVE
YOU MANY TIMES
BEFORE

00:62
October 8

**✿❀ ❀✿**

SADIE ANSWERED THE DOOR TO SEE HER friend standing there with a bored expression. "You could at least pretend to be happy to see me." They take a step in before accepting Sadie's hug. "We should talk quickly. Chosen is supposed to come by to pick up some of Nick's things."

She followed the lead to the dining table, where several files were laid on the surface. "What is this?" Her friend asked. Picking one up, they scanned the contents. "Is this a letter to CPS?"

Sadie smirked. "You've done your part. All I need to do is talk to Catherine. The two of them look to have gotten closer." Tapping her fingertips on the table, "We should catch up. Tell me what you've been up to since we last talked."

Time wasn't on their side when Chosen came around an hour later, thanks to Finn; he had a spare key. He almost ran into them when he turned back from closing the door. "Woah, my bad. Wait, what are you doing here? Is Y/n here?" Chosen moves his head around when he notices only the two of them.

A stench of a rosey smell filled his nostrils as they smiled sheepishly. "I should get going. Sadie's upstairs." When they pass by Chosen, they send him a sly look, giving him deja vu.

"You're Y/n's friend... Are you also Sadie's friend?" He follows them when the person approaches the front door.

"We're old friends, yes." They nodded to themselves. "Don't tell anyone I was here. Keep it between you and me." He probably wouldn't have thought twice about this meeting until they requested this. Now he was suspicious. "Are you going behind her back... or?"

They stayed silent, staring at him with half-lidded eyes. "If you're doing some sneaky shit, I'd tell her."

"And I'd tell Finn." Chosen furrowed his brows. "Tell Finn what?" He scoffed; they took a step close to him, inches away. "Mr.Goodytooshoes, that never smokes, drinks... You're too held up on you're pride." They snicker, covering their mouth lightly.

"If you want to keep up the act, you'll keep your fucking mouth shut."

Chosen could sense a bluff. He quickly played it off as some stupid yet lucky lie. "What are you referring to?" They felt a ping of satisfaction flash their expression, finally putting the time they saw Chosen smoking at the wedding. "How's that habit of yours?"

His face twitched. "Would be a shame if people knew how much of a hypocrite you are. Wouldn't it be ironic with all the times you looked down upon people who did? Smoking that is. Or drinking... Like Y/n does." They saw how Chosen turned pale.

It was enough for them to believe that he would keep quiet confidently.

I better be more careful. They usually were safe and patient, and it always worked out in their favor. It was a gift, but Chosen was pathetic—a coward. But, had he not been, they might've been outed.