55 ❀ Newborn flower, withering grass

NEWBORN FLOWERS,WITHERING GRASS

NEWBORN FLOWERS,
WITHERING GRASS

00:55
August 18

**✿❀ ❀✿**

ABIGAIL WOULD ONLY STAY IN THE BED IF Finn were there. She clung to him, and just as she had done before any of this had happened, she fell asleep quickly.

Abigail was barely grasping the idea of Finn being her father, but she still trusted him, and through time, he became one of her favorites among the adults.

Sadie peeked at the door to the small room, now morning time. She walked to the side Finn was on, and giggled lightly at the sight of him failing to fit in the small bed.

The two slept with Abigail in a ball, clinging to his shirt. They both slept with their mouth open too.

When Finn woke up, he remembered what happened the night before, images of Sadie slapped and Y/n crying for Abigail back. It made him wince in pain, waking up his daughter. "Sorry, shortcake, did I wake you up?"

It took a second for Abigail to realize her surroundings were not the norm. No messy room with toys, no dresser that was equally as messy because Y/n wasn't the best at keeping things tidy no matter how hard she tried. She's a single mother. Everyone with half a brain knows it's not easy.

Abigail rubs her eyes harshly, sitting up with half of her face sweaty with her hair sticking to her skin. "Where's my momma?" Is the first thing she asks, scooting off the bed. "She's going to be here soon, okay? Why don't we make you some pancakes? You like pancakes?"

She beamed. She wakes up fully and exits the room before turning to her father at the entrance. "Let's go eat some pancakes!" Finn chuckles as he walks behind her, happily leading the way until she realizes she has no idea where to go.

Sadie is at the foot of the stairs, "Abby! Lucy and Lily are here!" If Sadie hadn't said that, Abigail might've caught the nickname, but instead, she hurried down the stairs, gripping the railing.

Lucy shows her new toy to Abigail, who looks at it in awe.

"I have a cool toy too." Abigail brags, "My momma's friend gave it to me. It's a butterfly." Lucy and Lily are now wowing when Abigail tells them about the toy. "Yeah, it's super big! And it has sparkles." Abigail goes on her tippy toes, showing how tall the toy is when it is was a little bit smaller than Finn's hand.

Lucy and Lily ask Abigail to bring it with her next time, and she agrees.

"They get along so well." Sadie gushes. The three of them are in the kitchen. Alice eyes her before glancing at her younger brother, who's at the stove.

"Did you call Y/n to come to pick Abigail up?" She questions. Sadie turns her attention to Alice, patting down her black shirt.

The older woman had brought a bag of groceries that only had things for Lucy and Lily when Sadie watched them when Alice was out for work.