039: Steel blue eyes

A/N: That song right there is the definition of female rage. I suggest you to play it now.

|Isadora Xara|

I heard them, voices constantly screaming and whispering through the darkness. My lids were extremely heavy that each attempt ended in failure, the conversations that flooded my mind made me question whether I conjured all my demons back into my brain. However, the voices were real and recognizable. Although strained, I could clearly hear each word that left their mouths and I knew who spoke what in those moments.

Each time my body felt restricted but this particular time something is different. The pain continued to soar through each nerve and bone in my body but the energy seeped through as well. Enough of this fucked up darkness and immobility. My fingers tingled at the tips, jolting my senses and making me push past the pins and needles wrapping around my legs.

With every ounce of me, I lifted my lids. The black dots concealed with colours scattering across my vision, almost like a broken TV. Blinking rapidly to rid myself of this distorted state, the dots finally started to disappear.

A dark silhouette contrasted against the white sheets, then as I registered the actual scenario that I stared at. There is a mirror above me, hollowing within the ceiling. Shifting my weight upwards, a sharp pain spanned across my stomach and my arms felt heavy but not as intense of a pain, more of a sting. Forcing myself upright, my legs were drenched in pins and needles until I started wiggling my toes which allowed me to slowly gain control over the nerves. Every fibre in my body felt this tremor, something felt off and it shook me to the core. It wasn't anything physical since I could still control my arms and legs but I definitely knew it was emotional, something tipped inside of me. Bringing my hand to my forehead, the throbbing didn't subside no matter how many times I massaged my temples.

There wasn't even time to drink in what I saw within the room. Moonlight shined from within the large horizontal window that showcased the depths of the forest, bathing in the allure of the midnight. The moonlight flooded metres away from my vision, illuminating the gigantic flat screen situated on top of the dark chocolate stand. Two lampshades on each side and another on the matching dresser. On my left, a jigsaw patterned sofa which was charcoal coloured and in the middle of my path is a glass coffee table with a few silver balls on a matching tray. Towards my right is a snow coloured chair that faced outwards onto the forest and further next to me is a small dressing table with a matching lampshade and a small metal mirror hung above.

Silence became consumed through the hushed whispers that suddenly appeared outside of the door, between two people. Scratch that, more like bickering through the silence. Making my way to the side of the bed, the heavy ache continued and the pain radiated throughout my face. I let out a strangled gasp from the intensity. This is something I am used to, relishing in fact. But this time I knew in my heart that physical pain wasn't what mattered, there was something that blocked out the prior events.

Sifting through my mind, I drew a blank. Then the sound of the door knob turning and a click made me shift into defense mode despite my injuries. I instantly dropped my hands when I saw the honey golden waves bunched up onto the crown of her head. Porcelain skin sparkling against the moonlight and the swirl of honey and gold devoured the shadows. There was something solemn behind them, rosy lips dipped in a frown. Her signature Saint Laurent— pear rhinestone silver choker wrapped around her neck glistened so bright as she wore a black tank top, denim shorts and partnered it with black combat boots.

Alysanne took a seat next to me, while I scrunched my brows in confusion at her expression.

"Alysanne," the name left my parched mouth in a raspy and unrecognisable tone.