046: Simple misdirection

|Isadora Xara|

The week passed by smoothly, it wasn't much of a difference since Diavolo didn't keep his word. We continued on with our training as usual and on this particular night he resided in his office due to special circumstances according to Sebastian. So, he missed our session. No, he required our presence at midnight, the pretences must have been dire if he is calling me in on a mission after previous events. Everyone is summoned even his cousin Azarov and Akiro who didn't need to be involved which only meant one thing, shit is about to go down.

The tension steamed the room, fogging up the essence with anger and sadness. Diavolo picked up on those particular hints but knew this wasn't the time to involve personal drama when it came to the business. Diavolo leaned against the desk in his charcoal slacks, matching formal shirt with his signature buttons undone that revealed his defined chest and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. God, the way his muscles strained against the shirt and his porcelain chest on display is my fucken addiction. Those magnetic sapphires can devour me in an instant, his milk chocolate waves were sleeked back which made him appear more formal despite his attire, the way he stared into me electrified my nerves and that fucking pissed me off.

Diavolo cut his analysing of me short when he directed his attention to everyone in the room, making an announcement.

"Everyone knows about The Cordova's? They were the head of the underworld twelve years ago when my father was in charge; everyone feared the Italians but The Cordova's were the worst of them all. No one dared to overthrow them and therefore they were untouchable, until Lyonardo died and his wife had no sustainability to keep going. Back then men wouldn't work under women and that led to their demise. It is rumoured that one of her allies killed her for the empire but for that to be true, the empire would have still been functioning today."

This was news to me apparently because I doubt the others that have been working here for however long don't know these specific details.

"The Cordova's somehow have resurfaced and they have taken all our suppliers in New York, as of now drugs have to be shipped from Russia to New York. That is costing me money; I don't like spending money on these careless ordeals. We cannot use counterfeit for these types of operations so that's burning my real money. It is well known information that the Cipriani's have secretly been funding Ivana Cordova for years."

Diavolo's face contoured in frustration and the rage firing within his eyes is evident that this wasn't going to be easily resolved.

"Because of the Cipriani's stupidity, they have brought back The Cordova's and now we have a fucking problem," he gritted.

"You want to punish them, isn't that right?" Azarov voiced, that hint of devilish humour masking his face that made me raise an eyebrow at his demeanour.

In return Diavolo chuckled, leaning further into his desk. "Indeed, I do but you are not involved. This is a piece of information that you should use wisely. Watch your empire cousin, it might fall."

Azarov snorted with the least bit of interest. His face is evasive of complete emotions, he motioned for Akiro and they were almost out the door when Azarov turned around, leaving his cousin with parting words:

"My empire will never crumble; you know that better than anyone, Diavolo."

I didn't miss the double meaning behind his words, the confidence oozed into each word even if his face didn't show it. Was he more powerful than Diavolo?

"Shouldn't you be more concerned with The Cordova's plotting your demise than The Cipriani's?" Varvara enquired.

"By hitting The Cipriani's, one of them will crack and spill her whole operation." Diavolo answered.