048: It all came down

|Isadora Xara|

"So, this is the reason you didn't want to kill him." That menacing voice echoed through my ears.

The compromising position he caught me in wouldn't work in my favour, Rio turned wide eyed while I remained evasive, turning around to face the devil himself. Diavolo stood with his ebony formal shirt on display, a few buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up. If his anger multiplied his physique then that is what took place, Diavolo appeared to expand, his muscles bulging against the silk. His sapphires darkened as he analysed our position, the vein in his neck grew prominent while he crossed his arms and ankles in the process. Diavolo's face remained evasive with a slow burn behind his orbs, calculating each prior engagement before he entered. There were many things he would misinterpret and this would be number one on the list.

The fire blazing within his orbs remained fierce and dominant until his lips grew into an unsettling smirk, "You truly are pathetic, Isadora."

His words wouldn't have the same effect; they weren't supposed to even grace the surface of my emotions. That void didn't even come, all I felt is the sizzling of my blood, the heat enveloping me as I stared into the pools of death. Clenching my fist, nails biting into my skin as his eyes twinkled with my reaction.

"And why is that?"

Diavolo released a deep chuckle that rattled my bones, closing the distance between us as that smirk turned lethal. The evil lurking behind his orbs were vexatious, his intoxicating scent of expensive whiskey and spiced cigars throttled me with full force and the twisted part of me indulged in it. Whenever his barbaric side would appear. It would devour the essence within me.

This elastic force drawing me towards him didn't subside but only further increased when this hellish side appeared. The roughness of his fingertips that danced around my cheek made me silently inhale from the intense gaze he locked me in.

"You love this boy even through his betrayal, that's worse than a weakness. You showed sympathy for your victims and that isn't what you are."

His words were dropped upon me like a bucket filled with ice water; the realisation didn't dawn on me until he made it known. Diavolo didn't have to reiterate more, he expressed his disappointment with that temporary distraction and the feather touch of his hand gripped my wrist and flipped me onto my back. The pain didn't even come; I stared ahead at his herculean figure towering over me.

"You need to learn that what was in your past should stay there. Otherwise, there isn't a place for you here." His monotone volce is when you knew there is a hidden agenda.

I stood up with ease, holding his gaze while Rio continued to question if am alright. We were square, the decisions where being made even before I could read them. In a flash, Diavolo smashed his flst into Rio's face, there wasn't enough reaction time for Rio when Diavolo pulled him by the shoulders and kneed him in the stomach. Rio coughed out a combination of spit and blood as his knees dropped to the floor.

Diavolo's face slightly contoured into annoyance as he grabbed a fist full of Rio's hair and picked his head to level with his own. "This is the fool you give your heart to?" He mockingly taunted.

Rio did the unthinkable and spat in his face, Diavolo halted, dropping Rio to the ground. He smoothly placed one hand into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief.

The snow silk cascaded upon his face, whipping away Rio's spit. Then in an instant he flung it onto the ground and picked Rio by the back of his head, hauling him across the gym with inhumane strength. Rio hit the mirror which shattered into a million pieces on top of his body.