055: Beautiful and dark

|Isadora Cordova|

The day are seemingly dragging but arrow wil be my departure. Bane is my fiancé, even the words were like acid on my tongue, After Diavolo found out, everything seemed to draw into perspective for him. His best solution to even offer his own hand for marriage, which wasn't ever going to happen.

I crave Diavolo more than words can express but between the battle of my head and my heart, my head will always overrule.

Let's say mother approved of him as a suitor, in my eyes the marriage would be one that is foreed and not willingly because of our emotions. I would never do that to him and most importantly I could never do that.

We avoided each other like the plague, that sizzling desire radiates through my body with even the slightest thought of him. Being around him is explosive and dangerous, I lose all sorts of control and I can't afford to jeopardize this just because Ican't keep my hormones in check. Not only will the future plans be destroyed if gave into my feelings for him but mother will go out of her way to personally slaughter Diavolo and me in the process if I fuck this up.

Tossing and turning with all these thoughts roaming freely within my head is exhausting. I have a flight back to New York in less than 8 hours and here I am finding every excuse not to sleep. I knew the reason, its blatantly obvious. This would be the last time; it will be the last time because after I leave there will be no turning back. There is a lie and a truth in that statement, the truth being there will be no going back, the lie being that it will be the last time.

Even I don't believe it, he is something hauntingly beautiful and dark. If I say he means nothing. I'll eventually believe it but each time I try. There is always an intense need for him and it isn't lust, it is something that I am afraid of. I have never been this terrified in my entire life, death can stare me in the eyes and I wouldn't feel an ounce of fear but when it comes to acknowledging what I feel for Diavolo, that's a whole new level of terror.

I lifted the covers off of me with only one thought in mind; Diavolo. This is probably the most foolish plan that I have ever formed but it is necessary, if I don't see him, I am afraid that regret will weigh heavily on my conscience. The cold breeze of the night latched onto my exposed skin and goosebumps arose but that was the least of my concern.

Thankfully Diavolo's room isn't a distance, at least five steps and I would be at the door. Its rather strange how we avoided each other this long with being within this close vicinity.

Silence resonated through the house which wasn't a surprise but I could care less if anyone noticed the room, I am about to enter in. Twisting the door knob in my hand that felt like it was on fire, I discreetly stepped into the glowing room while closing the door behind me. Diavolo's room matched my own, with the moonlight intensifying against his naked chest. Fucking mother of god, his chiselled chest on full display, biceps taunt with his defined muscles stretched against his eyes, midnight Calvin Klein's encasing his massive dick but not much since the outline is straining against the fabric.

I wouldn't have assumed that he was awake until his husky voice drew me out of my thoughts, "Isadora, shouldn't you be asleep?"

I couldn't say anything but stare at him stunned, I didn't think he would be awake at this hour and especially when he is coursing with rage to be this calm with his words, especially when I tried everything to avoid him.

"Couldn't sleep," I replied, walking closer to him.

Diavolo removed the forearm concealing his eyes, expecting those sapphires to drop to me but they remained against the ceiling. He seemed in turmoil with what he wanted to say and what he couldn't say, the thin line of whether it is worth the sacrifice of not having these last moment.