051: Sofisticato

|Isadora Xara|

Guess my mother is back from the dead, ironic isn't it.

Ivana Cordova is my mother; the woman is from the most deadly Italian mafia known to man. She ran the operations alongside my father and they managed to keep me a secret for all those years and till this day. It's astonishing that I didn't catch up on what their work ethic was; then again there is only so much a young girl pays attention to.

My mind should have been more focused on working to build my relationship with Ivana, to create a mother daughter bond that we lost all those years ago. Instead it is preoccupied by the simple gesture of Diavolo's hand upon mine, the rough texture yet smooth caress of his fingers that lit up my entire body in flames.

It infuriated me to no extent that even after he treats me like shit and I treat him like shit that I find this idiotic attraction between us. Fucking something surely should have sedated that hunger to annihilate Diavolo but it didn't. I sound like one of those sappy bitches who run back to their dickhead boyfriends, right. Fuck that, fuck him. This will be my home for now.

There is slight resemblance between Ivana and I. The high cheekbones, full lips with the arched cupids bow, low nose bridge and almond set eyes. For now it seemed that features were the only thing we had in common other than being involved in the murderous mafia. There is a vast difference in our demeanour. Ivana is very much refined and sophisticated, the elegance radiated with each movement but that couldn't detour the fact that this woman can be just as dangerous. Her expertise's lies in manipulation and deception, huh guess that's another thing we have in common.

She practically lit up the stars and the sky with her smile when I agreed to accompany her back to her home, I should harbour some resentment for abandoning her daughter when she was just a child but I didn't. When we left Diavolo's estate, our limo led us towards a private jet that had a destination to her home in Italy, About five men I didn't recognise where on the jet, they were quite masculine in terms of physical appearance but Diavolo had more muscles, more brains and definitely better looks.

It was a long flight or maybe the fact that Ivana brought up everything she could to try and patch up years' worth of absence. I'll give her points for trying because it only further illustrates that she wants me in her life and wants us to work as a family. When we arrived in Italy. I couldn't help but be mesmerised by the bright coloured historic buildings and captivating ancient landmarks. The one thing that you couldn't deny is that the grass is all so green and the smell of delicious homemade pasta and dough bathed Italy in its grasp.

Our limo to her estate was drastically stretching. Once we reached the estate, it reflected the owner. The mansion was entirely painted white, a shade that could blind anyone behind the shadows of the blue sky. There are two tall beams at the entrance and in the middle to round towards the house is a gigantic silver ball set upon water. It is industrial yet vintage and the windows had almost every light switched on. Ivana's estate wasn't as gigantic as Diavolo's but it still screamed money and that I thought wasn't what she had all those years ago.

"You like it?" She asked, obviously seeking approval of her home.

"It's beautiful," I lied in order keep her satisfied.

"Come, we can get you settled and then have a glass of wine." She smiled, stepping out of the limo as her ebony red bottom heels clicked against the stones.

I followed her figure while her goons towered over me, analysing my next move. The entrance double doors were pulled open by two men dressed in waiter outfits and the bright frost of her house blinded me enough that I had to shield my eyes. Instantly everything had a theme and that is clean. Her entire house was bathed in white from the tiles to the walls, to the doors. It is rather intimidating that even the smallest amount of dirt could tarnish the appearance.

The air had a mix of lemon and detergent and the silence within the house is beckoning that if anyone strolled around the house, she would know. We passed three closed doors until she slid the double doors away at the fourth and revealed a lounge. Everything is porcelain accompanied with glass coffee tables and a glass countered bar.

The only thing out of colour would be the drinks behind the bar but it wasn't typical bourbon or whiskey, they were bottles of wine from difference years staked on display. This place screamed sophistication just as much as she did.

"Dismissed," she motioned her hands towards her guards and they nodded in respect before leaving. She tolerates nothing less than elegance, respect and class.

"Come on, baby. Let's have a glass of wine."

Without even a word another man popped up from behind the bar, dressed in midnight slacks and a crisp chiffon shirt accentuated with a black bow tie. He didn't look older than twenty five and his eyes where the deepest shade of black. His chocolate brown hair sleeked back as he bowed in respect to Ivana.

"A glass of Chateau Cheval Blanc 1947, Leo." She ordered.

", boss."

(Yes)

Ivana's eyes turned towards me with a smile, raising her brow as if to challenge my set of knowledge up to her standards.

Although wine wasn't my choice of poison, my fair selection of wine is up to par with the upper class due to the fact that my previous occupation of hit man required a vast amount of studying to perfect the appearance of a rich girl.

"Chateau Lafite 1869."

Ivana was impressed by my selection, "The older, the better." I stated.

She nodded in approval and Leo poured our selection towards us. We both slowly sipped the wine and it took all my restraint not to guzzle the alcohol and rock the nerves stirring within me.

Ivana placed her glass back onto the counter, "I have missed you so much, now it can finally be you and I against the world."

She stated those words with such passion and ferocity that you couldn't deny. "Me too, mom."

"If you are alive does that mean's dad is also alive?" a little hope bubbling within me.

Her features instantly dropped, once of sadness and something I couldn't quite put my finger on. "Your father was murdered by his rival Declan Tchenkov, Diavolo's father."

"I see you need some time to process that the man you worked for, is the reason he's dead." She sympathised. Her perfectly manicured hands set upon mine and her icy touch didn't relieve a thing but bring more chills throughout my body.

After a few minutes of silence and constant comforting words from her, I finally calmed myself down.

"I want us to officially become a family again."

I scrunched my brows; she gave birth to me what more does she need to know that we are family. As if reading my mind, she smiled.

"I am going to have an event for you."

"That's really not necessary."

She discarded my words all together, "Sciocchezze, che tutti devono sapere."

(Nonsense, everyone needs to know)

I raised my brow, "Sai cosa?"

(Know what?)

"That my daughter is the new heir."

And that she has always been on top

• • •
Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!