042: Diminished hue

|Isadora Xara|

The air sizzled against my lungs, drawing up into my throat. Muscles aching with the similar fire coating them, heart rate increasing by the seconds. Sweat coated my skin, bathing in the essence of tireless hours of training. Retreating further away from his figure, I forced the urge to collapse onto the floor. Diavolo stood immaculate and evasive as soon as he entered the gym, his features were tranquil from start to finish.

He didn't bother to change from the meeting instead he threw his midnight blue suit jacket against the bars, undoing his onyx formal shirt that was concealed, rolling the sleeves up to elbows and undoing the buttons on his shirt till they rested on his abs. That smirk on his plump lips indicated he was testing how much focus I can acquire if he is the distraction. His gingerbread waves were sleeked back with the sides freshly cut. The matching beard contoured his arrogant features and those bewitching sapphires sparkling with determination of something I couldn't quite capture.

Training started over two hours ago and I still couldn't match his technique or read them for that matter. Diavolo is intense and ruthless in his training which is the reason I became a mess after an hour.

While Diavolo's herculean body stood untouched, the man believed his air is gold at this point. It frustrated me that after two hours, sweat didn't pour out of him. It made me vengeful, I just needed one punch against his pretty face to sort out the fire burning in my heart. Diavolo read through those antics, blocking each punch I threw his way and instantly pushed my face into the mat. We were both at opposite poles of the gym, his face uninterested as he resided his hands in his slacks.

"You are irrational at this point, once you get angry then your moves become sloppy." He corrected, staring into my eyes that I felt a tremor in my soul.

Grinding my teeth, I held his stony gaze. That charge returned, almost tugging me in his direction while it sent jolt of electricity into my nerves. I despised that it could consume us in mere seconds and I wasn't about to let that shit devour me.

Instead, I focused my attention on the fire lighting within me, the rage coated my nerves, vibrating the neurons and pumping the blood so fast through my veins that I could hear them. Taking in a slow drag of air, I looked at the ground and composed myself. Once I lifted my head, I stared at him with a void in my eyes that he wasn't prepared for.

His honeyed voice couldn't have displayed his satisfaction any more than that smirk, "That's it, there's the she-devil."

I ran towards him with full force, "Put your arms behind you to increase your speed," he instructed.

Letting my arms slip behind me actually did increase my speed, my steps felt lighter against the ground that it felt a thrill in running faster. Within his close proximity, I threw punches and he continued to dodge all of them. Lifting my leg to land a hit against his face, his hand gripped my ankle without blinking. This allowed him to fling my body across the room, against the wall.

The intensity made the pain flare throughout my back, biting my tongue to hold back the groan I wanted to let out. I dropped my palm to the mat, pushing myself up as the urge to topple over drifted through me. My muscles felt numb, all the pain seemed to float within me. At this point, I didn't feel anything. Diavolo neared my body, gazing upon me with disappointment.

"You need to let go, blank out. Be that person you are afraid of."

I scowled at him with irritation, "I am not afraid of anything."

He tucked a piece of my short hair behind my ears, his eyes becoming unreadable.

"You are afraid that you can't relish in the thirst, salivating for your next kill. Blanking out cancels that effect and you would kill to bring that same sensation back into you."