041: Anew

|Isadora Xara|

Sweat dripped down my skin like a waterfall, muscles aching and my body begged for me to stop. That became an indication that I should further the training, once I became used to overworking my muscles, I began to long for that numbness shooting through my body. Adrenaline is permanently pumping my body, there wasn't a limit anymore.

"Alright, that's enough." Alysanne sternly commanded.

Sliding my leg under hers, in an attempt to drop her but to no avail, Alysanne read through my move and back flipped. She landed gracefully on the balls of her feet but she is silent in her moves, that it almost mirrored a cat. Alysanne is stealthy that you couldn't pin point her breathing. She didn't relax in that position as I ran into her, she reciprocated and dropped her left palm onto my shoulder, lifting herself up and wrapping her thighs around my neck, twisting her body until she pinned me to the ground with her knee at my throat.

"I think training is done for today," she smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I tapped the mat for her to release. Alysanne stood and I followed her lead.

"I can go for another round," I pressed.

Alysanne didn't have any sweat on her porcelain skin; she wasn't fazed by my statement since I do this practically every time.

"No, I have been at this with you for five hours. Let me rest, bitch."

"Okay."

Alysanne contemplated whether to proceed towards me or not. Her eyes down casted as she blew out a sign in defeat. It has been two months; She has become used to the new me. She understood the need for change better than anyone else, that didn't mean she accepted it. Alysanne without question jumped at the opportunity to train me and that carried on non-stop for two months. I live in the gym, not realistically; I just don't sleep as much anymore. Nadrielle occasionally drops by to check up on me and we spar a lot during that time. I quickly caught on that when she is pissed her movements become harsher and more lethal. She has attempted to bring the old me back by indulging me in the history of her and Nikolai. For future reference, they are quite juicy in my opinion.

Katarina comes here often, beating sense into me, literally. The girl has killer moves that left me flabbergasted. However, I am grateful for her kind heart and it became admirable when she didn't hold back on her words with me. I never reciprocated the actions and she noticed, Katarina studied me well because she didn't allow Corvina and Ziana in my vicinity, which is best for everyone. I don't attend the dinners or even step foot downstairs for that matter.

The only interaction I have is with the girls and ever since Diavolo realised that my soul became closed, he went ballistic and usually I would have indulged in his beast but I couldn't give a shit. It took every ounce of restraint and jaw clenching for him not to explode in my face. That didn't stop him from breaking all the shit in his office.

Diavolo knew what he wanted out of me and all I yearned for is redemption, being sarcastic and playful with my enemies got me killed and now I wasn't playing a game anymore.

|Diavolo Tchenkov|

"What happened to her?" I questioned.

She resided in the seat opposite mine, crossing her arms defensively but the barriers she controlled weren't up. The concern is evident and that's the only reason she is sitting in my office without an invitation.

"She broke, failure isn't her forte and as you noticed she doesn't take it well. This is the first time she tasted it and now she has shut down. Isadora has become a robot with no emotions, which is worse because she won't kill for fun anymore, now she will kill to increase the body count." Alysanne stated, those eyes remaining evasive but she didn't mask her tone that tipped me off of this being the truth.