027: Clown

|Isadora Xara|

That feeling of a hammer being bashed into your skull, do you know it?

Of course, you fucking don't, I have but this felt slightly worse. Almost like a ton of bricks where smashed against my head and shards of glass where imbedded into my brain. The ache did not subside, my body felt numb and control evaded me. I started to roll my head, round and round against my shoulders and each time the stiffness would deteriorate. The detachment from control subsided, drawing onto my fingers and wiggling my toes to start the process. My lids felt heavy, begging me not to open them but I had to. Each movement of my muscles ached but when I started to move my legs and arms, they were restricted, bound. The chill of ice ran through my spine, they are so unimaginative.

Sandpaper coated my throat when a groan escaped my lips, opening my lids with much protest. I had no doubt from our surroundings where we were, the fucking slimy room that I broke Varvara out of. Scanning the room, the three initial men that captured us stood before me. Bane's figure rested against the wall with a victory smirk upon his chapped lips. Turning to my left, Varvara had been strapped again to a chair with her head falling forward. They knocked her unconscious.

"You sick fuck! What did you do to her?" I growled.

Bane left his position, walking towards me. His devious smile never faltered and his midnight blue suit strained against his muscles while the scent of whiskey laced his fibres. Fuck him for having one of my favourite scents. His calloused fingers gripped my jaw and the sick scent of sex weighed heavy against the alcohol.

"Just the same thing I did to you," his gravelly voice sang.

"Oh, so you drugged her." I corrected.

"Precisely," Bane grinned.

Bane returned to his initial position while his minion waited for me to make a move to kill them.

"Fuck you, Bane!" I gritted.

"Aww, don't be sad, love. I just beat you at your own game."

I scrunched my brows, "What?"

A menacing chuckle escaped his lips, "Oh sweetheart, you think I didn't know that you where Diavolo's whore?"

Biting into my cheek wasn't enough, the metallic taste of blood coated my mouth.
Bane frantically moved his hands like a maniac in front of him.

"Okay, okay. I didn't know at first but after our encounter at the dressing room. I became quite taken with you, the innocent yet dangerously flirtatious seductress that teased me. Did you think I really didn't do any digging?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't." I sarcastically remarked.

"You're so different from Diavolo's other whores."

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, everyone thinks like everyone else's thinks. I don't care about what you think about me. I don't like you anyway." I said, rolling my eyes at him.

Bane's lips morphed into one psychotic smile, a delirious laugh escaped his lips. He instantly skidded towards my vision, blinding me with his chestnut orbs. There is a hint of something in them, a disastrous glint that could snap.

"Smart mouth, you didn't fit into the persona of woman I hire. Obviously, your show with the club's whore proved my theory, anyone would have listened to her but you threatened to kill her."

"So, then you knew all along?" I questioned, raising my brow at him.

"Of course, I knew. I'm Bane Levano. That private show that you did for me, all planned sweetheart. Although, I still don't know if you spoke those languages but I heard gunshots, whore," he shrugged.

"And I'm someone, not to get fucked with." I gritted.

He let out a laugh, "Only, after a few days you didn't come for her which made me question whether you worked for someone else but here you are baby girl. Rescuing my prized leverage from her home and killing my two guards, making a quick escape." He teased.

"Must be losing brain cells if you actually believe that this is her home and those guys where quite handsome might I add. When they started kissing, fuck me that turned me on and it was sad I couldn't join before I killed them," I smirked, licking my lips.

Bane's orbs darkened at my words, features resembling a murderer and then he started to release fits of laughter. What the actual fuck is wrong with this guy, Joker wannabe.

"Hmm, psychotic aren't we?" I teased.

"Oh, but that's the best part, don't you think?"

Bane wickedly smiled at me, pulling out a knife from within his suit coat. He inched closer and closer to Varvara, panic fluttered through me when he lifted her unconscious head and placed the cool metal against her throat.

"Make one move and you will watch her suffer, quite literally might I add. The minutes will pass and with every moment of her desperately clinging for air, the blood will pour out and she will be begging for death." He teased, pressing the metal against her skin harder, a slight cut appearing.

"Wait, what the fuck do you even want with her?" I stupidly questioned.

Bane's deranged figure launched at me, a malicious smile on his lips, the scent of cigars heavily on his breath as it fanned me. "What I want is for Diavolo Tchenkov to suffer, to watch everything he loves wither and die, to make him beg for death."

His confession allowed me to release the laugh that I had been holding onto for so long, I became hysteric. After a few minutes of my little outburst, Bane questionably stared at me with confusion as his perfectly thick brows scrunched up.

"I'm sorry but that sounded like a soap opera, make him pay, take everything he loves," imitating his deep voice.

"Oh, you think this is funny?" Those crazy eye darkening.

"You wanna know what I think is funny?" I giggled.

"Yes." Bane nodded.

"Come closer, I want to tell you a secret." I pouted.

Bane moved an inch, still further from my grasp. "Closer," I whispered.

"I think its funny that you honestly thought you outsmarted me. You see, while you continued gloating, Varvara and I already got out of the cuffs." Bane stared in astonishment as I dropped the handcuffs in front of him.

Before he could react, gunshots fired from above. "Oh, you didn't think I wouldn't bring back up now. Sweetheart, you underestimated me," I pouted.

 Sweetheart, you underestimated me," I pouted

Know your worth. Then add tax.

• • •
Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!