057: Flirting with death

|Isadora Cordova|

Bane really wanted Ramsey Smith dead and the question you should be asking is how I know that. Well, Bane followed upon my request which would never happen. The best way to ensure his death is through me and he knew that quite well. My insurance against him seemed like a hoax but let me assure you it is true; if I die then I certainly will take him down with me. Proceed further to our current predicament.

The five that resided in one of Bane's conference rooms were entirely beautiful and lethal, a combination of seduction and death. They didn't utter a word and were obviously scrutinising me due to my connection with Bane, which would have been my first act if I was in their shoes.

When Bane called me down to meet them, the most surprising thing to me was their respect to him because they had none. They obeyed his orders and followed through with what he wanted them to but respect, he didn't have that from them.

It makes me question Bane's character more than I already do; why would you hire people who wouldn't take a bullet for you?

What is quite obvious is that we weren't going to be like Barney and friends, this is a job and that is all that will connect us. Some scoffed and rolled their eyes at my appearance which wasn't that different from my usual attire; leather tights and a black crop top that had the word Sinner written in red font with matching boots.

They took one look at me and judged me. For them I'm a girl who fucks Bane on a regular and that's how she got this position. They are going to be in for a treat.

One of them had the halls to speak her mind, "Let me guess, we are killing some girl because she wore the same outfit as you."

Walking over to the head of the table, I analysed the details of them. They all were huddled together opposite me. I chuckled at her comment; it was filled with humour and a hint of venom as I slid my hands upon the table. They have no idea what is about to hit them.

"Honey, don't get it twisted. I don't kill for petty shit." I winked.

My words hit them; their faces were all stunned and then quickly masked with their blank expressions. I wasn't going to be fucked with, especially by people who had my life in their hands.

"Listen, I don't want to be here and I am sure neither do you. The faster we learn to work together then the faster you won't have to see me again."

None of them spoke, one of the women with blue hair stood up from the chair. Her lips rooted into a sinister smirk, faster than anyone could comprehend; she threw her small knife at my face.

Honestly, that had to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever done, catching the knife by the handle. I stared at them unamused.

"Smurfette, you have to do better than that to kill me," I winked, fuelling her anger.

Throwing her knife a few inches away from her ear but enough to cut a few strands off, she caught the handle seemingly stunned and slightly impressed.

For now, I captured their attention and gained their interests.

"Bane wants us to kill Ramsey Smith and steal his new drug called Lilac. It is another psychedelic drug and is a combination of LSD and Psilocybin. These combos are lethal when mixed due to the hallucinogenic effects but Ramsey's apothecary managed to successfully integrate the two. The trip lasts approximately twenty-four hours and hasn't caused any deaths or health problems so far. Everyone wants this drug because it will boost their income which ultimately means Bane wants the entire supply so that no one will have it."

As respiamed the purpose on ane are none of them intercepted but they were dearty paying attention, "We have to work together to not only kill Ramsey but steal the drugs at the same time, it would be better if I get to know your names and specialty since I have to divide the team and also Bane didn't give me any prior information on you guys."