036: Calm and collected

|Alysanne Valentine|

Swirling the dark liquid, a little longer than expected in my cup, the aroma of rich, roasted coffee beans circulating throughout the kitchen. My eyes continued to stare at the coffee, no sugar, no milk, just the authentic taste of caffeine. There is a need for black coffee this early in the morning, numerous people drifted in and out of the kitchen, all engaged in their own conversations.

Each sound perceived as white noise, last night majorly contributed to my strenuous morning or should I say someone. His radiant olive skin, umber waves that curled on the top and bewitching mauve eyes that held prominent gold specks splashed all over. Those eyes held a sort of power, something so potent that it made a shiver run down my spine but not from fear. His features are enthralling, captivating and unearthly but his personality fucking sucked ass.

Corvina wanted to play with me last night and her father didn't particularly like that. Those features turned from sour to emotionless in less than a second, he wasn't fond of me and that is quite obvious from the glares he keeps shooting my way. However, when his eyes refocused on Corvina, his entire face would flood with happiness. I have never seen that much affection in one's eyes, so raw and intense.

Azarov had a switch, one side for other people and one for Corvina. He flicked it on and off so many times that even I couldn't keep up with his pussy attitude. We didn't exchange words, he remained opposite me for the sake of Corvina who is currently playing with barbies and handing me a bunch of other toys. Even though he wouldn't give me his time of day, I selfishly peeked once or twice at his handsome face.

Corvina squirmed a little when she was in my arms, turning in my grip, she made grabbing gestures towards her father. Azarov's smile couldn't have been brighter, it put the sun to shame. He gently lifted her from my arms and into his, she tucked her little head into the curve of his neck.

"Sleepy time, princess." He whispered, kissing the crown of her head.

"Daddy, no go..." She yawned.

His husky chuckle made me stiffen, "Princess, daddy isn't going anywhere." He reassured as she finally closed her eyes with a big smile on her cute lips.

That's how he left last night, without even uttering a word. That is the last time we saw each other and sadly I detested to admit that I fucking wanted to see his devilishly gorgeous face, even if it held a distasteful display.

As if god heard my silent prayer, Azarov strolled in. With ebony slacks that clung to his muscular thighs, midnight blue formal shirt that appeared silky and no doubt soft. The sleeves were rolled up, revealing his defined veins that stretched against his delicious skin. A few buttons were undone, which displayed his muscular chest that I craved to run my tongue against. Those waves were sleeked back, sides were shaved while the stubble on his defined jawline continued to grow.

Fuck. You're so handsome, I could die.

In his arms is an energetic Corvina. She had on denim ripped jeans, a tucked pink shirt, white adidas sneakers that had honey strips and a big hot pink bow that held together her beautiful obsidian hair in a bun. She took my breath away with how stylish and adorable she is, talk about baby fashionista.

"Aly!" She squealed.

I laughed, "Princess Cora," bowing at her.

Corvina giggled while Azarov remained evasive, she made grabbing gestures towards me and I instantly took her in my arms while Azarov protested. Corvina shot her dad a pout and he became putty in her hands again.