037: Stolen glances

|Isadora Xara|

Diavolo recited crucial information about the party, Delgado is throwing in honour of gaining allies that will ensure his overthrow of the Tchenkov family. I racked my brain around the idiotic concept, shouldn't you celebrate after the take down? Then, I remembered our encounter. Roma Delgado indulges in showcasing his power, therefore this party feeds into his ego even if he foolishly believes that he can take down Diavolo.

I stared into those magnetic ocean blue orbs, not an ounce of fear flashing within them, only confidence. Diavolo rose from his leather chair as I said, "This works out in your favour, we can establish the families that are conspiring against you."

His midnight blue formal shirt clung to each ridge of his muscles, the fabric tightly clinging on to his biceps and broad shoulders like a second skin. The clicking of his expensive shoes could be heard against the tiles as he crossed to the front of his desk, resting his tight ass against the hickory desk. Diavolo folded his arms, the fabric almost ready to tear against his herculean body. A few buttons were undone, the tan shredded chest that I desperately wanted to mark.

Crossing his ankles accentuated his inky formal pants that clung to his gigantic athletic thighs perfectly, making my mind wonder whether I could visibly make out the outline of his dick in the process of analysing him.

Attempting to exercise a little self-control, my gaze drifted towards his devilishly handsome face. Coffee coloured beard that hid his sharp jawline but made him a thousand times more sexy, dark cinnamon waves dishevelled, compelling cerulean eyes and cherry plump lips that indicated he just had his mouth devoured by Bianca.

Diavolo's features were relaxed, a hint of devilry in those wicked orbs. Diavolo knew the stakes but he didn't have an ounce of doubt, he is confident in his skills, both mentally and physically.

This wasn't an ordinary mission, it became one that ensured his further reign of the Tchenkov empire. Hence, why most of the family resided in his office at this moment and Diavolo also requested Alysanne's presence in this meeting which didn't surprise me on the urgency. Everyone didn't bother to take a seat, all standing and awaiting his next move.

Nikolai, Nadrielle and Sebastian stood near the bookcase which is on my left and Varvara, Zion, Katarina and Alysanne were on my right. Diavolo didn't want Azarov involved in a situation he had under control, therefore the girls were in his care for now but he didn't mind.

Diavolo's voice cut through the silence, "The problem is that you don't know what the other families look like."

He is correct, which I hated to admit. Sending me alone wouldn't be much of assistance since the only thing I could do is take down Roma, memorising a vast list of other Families faces is way out of my capabilities.

Nadia shrugged her shoulders and said, "We send backup then."

"Half of you are associated with our family, they know your faces." Diavolo stated, running his thick fingers across his beard.

Scanning the entire room, I marked the people most commonly associated to Tchenkov and then I made a suggestion, "That leaves a limited number of people that can go."

"Why is that?"

"Because Nikolai is obviously known for being your bodyguard, Varvara is your sister and was recently kidnapped so that rules her as common knowledge to others, Zion is your oldest friend and well, that is enough. The only options left are Alysanne, Nadrielle and Katarina."

"Absolutely not!" Zion taut voice said, his eyes almost bulging out of their sockets and the prominent strain of a vein popping out of his neck. Katya however placed her delicate palm over his chest which shifted his gaze towards her in confusion.