040: Shattered

|Diavolo Tchenkov|

Should I feel remorseful? Studying the way she spiralled and becoming overridden with emotions she claimed not to have. Isadora Xara destroyed everything and even herself in the process, it wasn't the regular mischievous side that popped up frequently, and it became sinful. I didn't feel anything but rage, she fucking failed, the one I believed would become my key player in ensuring my reign. Isadora proved to me that she isn't unbeatable, the woman who oozed confidence for not only her godly features but skills in seduction and torturing her victims till she slaughtered them.

That woman failed, overpowered by fucking Roma Delgado. If Alysanne wasn't there to fucking resolve the issue, Delgado would still be alive, my empire would have crumbled and Isadora would be dead. She failed and I would have preferred her dead instead of back here, a failure none the less.

Midnight seeped into the depths of the mansion, matching the silence that I drank in. Tracing the rim of my crystal glass, watching as the amber liquid swirled with my motion. Leaning further into my plush hazelnut seat, I analysed all the paperwork on my desk for five hours, encountering two meetings and devised shipments with Niko during the allocated time in a day. The lamp on my desk provided a small source of light, not that I required it during these circumstances.

The aftermath of Delgado devastated many, mainly because their plans of overthrowing me seemed further from their grasp. No one made a move, all the pieces were aligning in my favour and they knew it. Nadia and Katya recited every single one of their faces, pin pointing which families betrayed me all the way down to what they cherished most.

Therefore, I couldn't work with traitors. One by one, their bodies dropped and I'm not so cruel as to leave them without their loved ones, therefore I made sure they were reunited, in death. Their legacy became a thing of the past, about twenty of the most prestigious families were killed and the most well recognised, I left as a warning to anyone who dared double cross me again.

That wasn't what you were concerned about; you want to know what happened to Isadora.

I couldn't stand the sight of her vile existence after learning of her failure. All the cards were in her favour, yet I overestimated her training and underestimated Roma Delgado's. She was lucky I even let her back into the estate, Katarina, Nadrielle and even Varvara begged for me not to kill her or throw her out in her state. Battered, bruised and beaten, but I frankly couldn't give a fuck about what happened to her and neither did I care for her face in my presence.

Two months have passed and we have never crossed paths, she was never at breakfast, dinner or even special occasions. Somehow, she vanished. Whether she was still here or not, I wouldn't know and I didn't care. You lose; you fail me and its out.

Bianca fucking drank it in, worshipping me with every chance she gets. The redhead bitch didn't think I noticed each detail of her trying to extract classified information from me; she also tries to extort information out of me after we fuck. Each moment she got, Bianca would criticise Vara behind my back or the rest of the ladies. Bianca milked the title of soon to be queen but she fucking gets on my nerves. She never shuts up, every waking moment her lips proceed to sprout bullshit and snarky comments. Luckily, she went to visit her father for the next month and I can finally catch a fucking break.

The sound of a knock on the door halted my thoughts, "Come in."

His messy highlighted caramel waves came into my vision, with piercing mauve eyes that were glazed with honey, dressed in ebony slacks and a matching formal shirt that had the sleeves rolled till his elbows and the buttons undone, exposing his chest. However, he is completely captivated with his little princess. Azarov was blowing raspberries onto her chubby cheeks and the sparkle in her eyes is enough for me to actually want one of my own.