043: Not on our watch

|Isadora Xara|

Diavolo has been training me day in and day out; the man is a motherfucking beast. His shredded form doesn't depreciate his speed; he knew how to manoeuvre his way precisely, increasing his advantages in the end. It has been two weeks and the bruises painted my skin in decadent mauve and scarlet, I embraced the benefits of his training and relished in the pain. Diavolo is impenetrable, landing a blow is an impossible task at this point, but I never give up. He keeps throwing me off my course, dropping or kicking me. He is vicious, it made sense why no one would challenge him head on, the beast would eat you alive.

That's how I found myself wandering into the kitchen at the dead of night. It is easier to be alone than to answer the never-ending questions they needed answers to. A much needed break from Diavolo's smouldering gaze is what I desperately craved; otherwise I will sucker punch his god-like face. The distinctive bright light of the fridge blinds my vision, blinking away the intensity that illuminates the darkness. I found a croissant filled with turkey slices, lettuce, tomato and grated cheese. The growling in my stomach rumbled through my ears while my mouth salivates from how delicious is looks, removing the croissant from the plate. I take a gigantic bite and the overwhelming mixture of flavours melt onto my tongue, letting out an involuntary moan for my delicious dinner.

Thank the fucking French for creating this divine delicacy, this bitch is so buttery and sweet, would it be bad to marry it?

Once I guzzled down the last bite, the lights switched on and I froze in my position as if had been caught stealing cookies. Fucking stupid bitch.

"Well, well. Look who came out to play." A honeyed voice teased.

Swallowing the last contents of the croissants, I turned towards the four beautiful goddesses before me. Damn, did they get more gorgeous while I was away, well avoiding them.

"Just came to eat, I will be leaving now." I said, crossing the island towards the entrance which they instantly blocked.

Alysanne, Nadrielle, Katarina and Varvara concealed the way, their lips uprooted into mischievous grins. That meant they were up to something that obviously involved me, Alysanne had that disturbing smile on her ruby stained lips, vibrant gold ravished with pear that made it sparkle under the soft light.

Alysanne had on a House of CB Aliza wrapped-belt-stretch-woven mini dress. Pairing that with a black Versace Antheia sandals. Her Saint Laurent — pear rhinestone silver choker wrapped around her tender neck. That choker never left her neck ever since we met.

 That choker never left her neck ever since we met